Never got an MCP welcome kit?

Hello -

It has been about 9 weeks and I never got an MCP welcome kit from microsoft.

I even did the address verification in the MCP member site.

Is this the (USA) number to call?

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/support/northamerica.asp

Comments

• WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Yes, that's the number you can call, or you can use MCPHelp@microsoft.com to which they usually respond within in a couple of days.
  • bcairnsbcairns Member Posts: 280
    Webmaster wrote:
    Yes, that's the number you can call, or you can use MCPHelp@microsoft.com to which they usually respond within in a couple of days.

Thanks - emailing now :)
  • blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I just got my kit a couple of days ago from a test I took in July. It seems they are getting behind.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • PCHoldmannPCHoldmann Member Posts: 450
    You can say that again, I have gotten two CCNP tests in since I got finished my MCSE, and I still don't have the kit crash.gif
    There's no place like ^$
    Visit me at Route, Switch, Blog
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    I was surprised, the other day, when I came home and there was an MCP Welcome kit sitting on my front porch. It had been some three months since the exam, give or take, and I'd almost completely forgotten that I was supposed to be getting the kit. Sometimes, it just takes a while. . . a long, long while. . .

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • samoolisamooli Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi all,
    Same situation, waited 2 months then thought i should chase it up.

I had to call Micosoft to request that it was sent to me. I registered on the Internet and followed the procedure but that failed since they are upgrading their backend distribution Center for the welcome kits.

Basically if you want one, call microsoft and take out a case id/service ticket to have one sent to your home..

And chase it up when it doesn't arrive at the said date.

Goodluck (ps its pretty average anyway, a magnet, a certificate and a card)
  • !30!30 Member Posts: 356
    Hehe .. I've got 2 identical Welcome Kit's for my MCP ..

Maybe they just send more Kit's to one's and .. NULL to other's... :D
    Optimism is an occupational hazard of programming: feedback is the treament. (Kent Beck)
  • Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    Same situation here! I took and passed my exam in late July and still have not gotten my welcome kit. I called MS a couple weeks ago (after 8 weeks of waiting) and they were very helpful... They said that they would send one out and I should expect it by the 16th of this month.

I wonder if I'm goning to end up with 2 now....
  • jimi444jimi444 Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    It has been about 4 months for me now and still no MCP welcome kit. I'm about to be MCSE... ohh well. I even called once and they said it would be reshipped! The number I called was 1-800-755-3926.
    He who stands on toilet is high on pot