Options

Question about RAM for HP DC7900 CMT

Phillies8607Phillies8607 Member Posts: 83 ■■□□□□□□□□
Where can I find cheap RAM yet good quality? I'm trying to find 2 sticks of 4 GB RAM each for a total of 8 GB of RAM. What I need is non ECC PC-2 5300 or 6400 DDR2. But I can't seem to find anything for less than $150. Anyone know where I can look?

Comments

• Options
    wd40wd40 Member Posts: 1,017 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Did you check eBay? prices are less than 30$ ..

For 150$ I think you are looking at Server RAM.
  • Options
    Phillies8607Phillies8607 Member Posts: 83 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'll double check ebay but how would I I know If it's server RAM? I'll can tell you is it was marketed as a business desktop with Windows Vista business on it and requires non ecc memory
  • Options
    stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Here is a link. $27.98 from Newegg.com.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • Options
    stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I'll double check ebay but how would I I know If it's server RAM? I'll can tell you is it was marketed as a business desktop with Windows Vista business on it and requires non ecc memory

Server RAM tends to be either ECC or Fully Buffered Registered RAM (sometimes marked as FB RAM). That is what you would look for when you look for server RAM. Non-server RAM (desktop) won't mention either of those.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me