ITIL Service Operations

murdatapesmurdatapes Member Posts: 232 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hello Board. I am looking to see if there any resources / study material besides the class room / online training on Service Operation?
Next up
CIW Web Foundations Associatef(Knock out some certs before WGU)
ITIL Intermediate Service Operations

Comments

• Claire AgutterClaire Agutter Member Posts: 772 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Hi murdatapes, there is the official ITIL core volume for Service Operation - the syllabus recommends you do some additional reading in there too as part of your studies. What other types of material are you looking for? Claire
  • KonstantinKonstantin Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi there,

I am preparing for ITIL Service Operation exam. I was looking for some training tests for practicing. Any ideas where to find it?
  • UncleBUncleB Member Posts: 417
    There are only the 2 tests from your training provider I'm afraid, no others have been produced.

I think that because of the small number of people taking the intermediate exams, there is not enough demand for anyone to produce additional tests, especially given how complex they can be.

Between the training course material, the official manual and the 2 official tests there is enough material to pass if you apply yourself.

Good luck
    Iain
    Actually I think that if you have access to it, the OSA tests are very similar the SO ones, so you can use these to get some additional practice. They are a further 2 tests and with a slightly different focus as they are part of the capability track rather than the lifecycle one.

Drop a line to your training provide and ask for these - these are official sample tests and not proprietary to the trainers so they shouldn't have a problem with the request.
    Iain
  • KonstantinKonstantin Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks UncleB for your reply.

Under Training course material you mean the ITIL Service Operation Book?
    Yes - Service operation (Best management practice): Amazon.co.uk: Great Britain: Cabinet Office: 9780113313075: Books
    It isn't cheap though, but you can fine old copies for sale on eBay or a less scrupulous person can often find illegal copies to download (not that I would advocate this route of course).
    Another alternative is to get your company to buy them for the team, if the company has a library dept then they could get it for you or your local library could get a copy sent across for you to review (probably not to be taken away mind you).
    There are options at least.
    thanks
    Iain