Network+ certifcation help

deep90deep90 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi folks,
I am planning for to go for this certification in next couple of days. But unsure if it is at all important in future as compared to CCNA which are way tough than N+.
I have little knowledge in Networking so I am currently undergoing CCNA training but not really like to sit for CCNA as it is costly exam instead happy to sit for N+.

I have 3+ years experience in IT Support field where in my daily task include incident handling/queries related to system/IT devices and basic troubleshooting in network, basic OS level troubleshooting experience. I am planning further S+, Security+ and Cloud+ further.

Is N+ a right certification path and does it have value for future growth?

Comments

• TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Yes Network+ will be of value to you. Based on your current experience, it's better to take Network+ then taking CCNA. One important thing to consider though is what do you really want go do in the future, find the reason why you are taking these certifications. Thwn you will know which certifications is for you and best fits your future goals.
  • jacksonrjacksonr Member Posts: 106 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Agree 100% with the above post.

Working towards the Network+, followed by a CCNA in Routing and Switching I think.
    I have been working in 2nd Line for a couple of years now and I am ready to move into 3rd Line.

Looking at a Linux+ after the CCNA, then an MCSA or MCSE in Windows Server perhaps.

But overall, I think the N+ will put you in good stead for the CCNA and will certainly cover the basics.
  • deep90deep90 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks folks. Good luck!