Passed Security+ !!

globalenjoiglobalenjoi Member Posts: 104 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hey guys, first post here! I've been creeping around looking for study advice. These forums recommended the Gibson book, so I bought it and read it completely in the last 2 weeks. Took my Security+ on Thursday and passed with an 841! So thanks for everyone that has ever posted links or advice here, because I probably read it lol.

Now I just have to figure out what's next. I was previously working on CCNA before taking a break, so I think I'm going to go back to that. CEH seems kind of sketchy right now, but maybe I can get my job to send me to a GSEC course! icon_cool.gif

Comments

• Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congratulations icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats and good luck on your CCNA!
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
  • sheikysheiky Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats...! As you just completed Sec+ you can vouch on CEH and I am sure you can finish that too.. Good Luck on CCNA.
  • Praj123Praj123 Member Posts: 7 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!!! Were the questions on the exam similar to the online questions? I am planning to take exam after 2 weeks so reading the study guide and solving online questions.
  • bradl3yCbradl3yC Member Posts: 67 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Which book did you use? Get Certified Get Ahead?
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats !
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • gncsmithgncsmith Member Posts: 459 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • globalenjoiglobalenjoi Member Posts: 104 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks everyone! I used the Gibson book mostly. I read it from start to finish, taking notes along the way and doing the quizzes at the end of each chapter. I also used flash cards for port numbers and took web-based practice tests during downtime on lunch breaks at work.