IP Expert users be aware...

sea_turtlesea_turtle Member Posts: 98 ■■□□□□□□□□
https://www.reddit.com/r/ccie/comments/4ajb7t/is_ipexpert_closing_doors/

nothing confirmed yet but please be aware if you are using their materials.

Comments

• chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Wow that is a pretty crazy read going on in that reddit forum. I dont know how they are closing doors as it seems like they have plans to upgrade several of their CCIE tracks including DCv2 and Security. I am not a member but was interested in DCv2 when it comes out. Who knows what happened or if there even is anything going on. I am a member of INE right now and have not had any issues with them. I have so many tokens because I bought during sales, I probably shouldn't even look at any other vendors right now lol

Sucks to hear about ipexpert but this could be a smear campaign. Many people do not like INE because of the rack scheduling etc. It doesn't bother me at all. I have been happy with INE and I am looking forward to seeing updated releases from them, understandingly knowing it make not happen until 2017.

Hopefully all turns out well for IPEXPERT, hate to see another source of CBT/LABs/MOCKS/workbooks/Bootcamp go away. We need to use all the sources we can afford :P
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    I'm not an employee of IPX but something is definitely happening over there and I don't think it's good. I hope they land on their feet and it gets worked out but I don't think anyone is deliberately trying to smear them or start any drama in the industry. There's a LOT of people saying that they can't get to their content, all the emails are getting bounced back that the person who they previously spoke to isn't working for the company, and all the bootcamps have been postponed indefinitely.

They didn't have money issues last I checked so something else is going on.... It sucks because they make some DAMN good DC content and I know they invested a lot into ACI pods recently which I was really excited about but something is going on and I would advise people to be cautious before before investing in the content. Maybe it gets worked out or maybe it doesn't and we lose another training provider icon_sad.gif I really respect the hell out of some of the trainers over there but they've been dead silent the last week as well which has me a bit worried too.

Most of this stuff seems to be happening in the last couple days. Check out the Facebook comments: https://www.facebook.com/iPexpert/posts_to_page/

No one from the company is yet to respond
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
    I read those fb comments, that is unfortunate as the head of the business goes down the entire company goes down. It shouldn't have been that way. They should have had a better business continuity plan in place where a VP or co-owner could take over. Unless IPexpert got sued for whatever reason and lost all its assets? Its strange you would think a company like that would be setup to continue regardless if the owner bailed/died/locked up etc.
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    Agreed, Chrisone. Sadly, I don't think there was a co-owner or anyone else. They had a CFO for awhile but he left a few months back so there's literally no one left. I'm assuming they have money but no one can access it or write their own paychecks. Who knows... maybe a family member will step in and take care of business or someone else but as of right now, it's crickets over there.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
  • MooseboostMooseboost Member Posts: 778 ■■■■□□□□□□
    That is a bummer, I was looking into them for CCNP material. I hope it works out, but not looking good currently. A lot of people are concerned over the bootcamps in particular since they were paid for in advance. I have a feeling before long people are going to start trying to have charges reversed. I hope they end up staying up, I have heard such good things about them.

Even if they do manage to recover, this will not bode well for future business for a good while.
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Damn, I had been eyeing that Micronics/IPExpert Security Zero to Hero bundle for next year...
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
    I would probably just recommend buying it directly from Micronics.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
  • OfWolfAndManOfWolfAndMan Member Posts: 923 ■■■■□□□□□□

Speaking of Micronics, are the ASA workbooks on their site worth buying? Anyone have any experience with them?
    :study:Reading: Lab Books, Ansible Documentation, Python Cookbook 2018 Goals: More Ansible/Python work for Automation, IPSpace Automation Course [X], Build Jenkins Framework for Network Automation []

I thought the advantage of the IPExpert bundle was that they were putting all of the videos and class material in an on-demand/self study format so I can access when it's convenient? I looked at Micronics site last night and wouldn't have a problem going directly through them, but it just shows the 16-week format where you have to attend every Saturday 8a-5p, which I can't do.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
    @Jojo - They (Micronics) give you access to the videos for 30 days after each class. That's no different than buying it through IPX. The only difference is that IPX gave their customers access to their OWN CCNA/CCNP/CCIE Security VODs thus the extra surcharge for the extra content.

There were plenty of classes I didn't attend live for the Z2H class. I just rewatched during the week and took notes then :)
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
  • gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I've heard many things about the owner over the years though, he's not the most ethical of people.

DISCLAIMER: That's just what I've heard... I have no idea if it is true or not because I've never spoken to the guy personally.
    Heh. Yep. I heard the same things though I do feel bad for the employees that are out a job now and the students who are out the money icon_sad.gif
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Ah, thanks Iris. That's good to know. I've heard nothing but outstanding things about Narbik and the way he and his wife run their business so I wouldn't mind going directly through him since that's the case.
  • iseeyouiseeyou Member Posts: 68 ■■■□□□□□□□
    . Yep. I heard the same things though I do feel bad for the employees that are out a job now and the students who are out the money icon_sad.gif

so sad @iristheangel what do u think will happen to my rack rental.. i already bought many rack rental for datacenter..over 500 hours!!!!
  • VinnyCiscoVinnyCisco Member Posts: 176
    Sounds like they are at least no longer functioning. I called their numbers and tried all extensions and all I got was "Failed Mailbox" and "Full Mailbox". Funny that it still asks you to leave a message. If nothing happens soon, it is only a matter of time that the website comes down.
    "Failure is the prerequisite of Success" - V. G.
    iseeyou wrote: »
    so sad @iristheangel what do u think will happen to my rack rental.. i already bought many rack rental for datacenter..over 500 hours!!!!

Probably the same thing that will happen to my R&S tokens. Kinda crappy.

Given that everything is pretty non-functional and the rack rentals are not working, it sounds like some employees went scorched earth on the way out. Having automated racks and a site should keep things going for some time without manually intervention. Given all the issues people are having as soon as people left makes me think people went off. While I totally understand the feeling behind it, it's kinda put everyone else in a bad spot
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
  • cbthutcbthut Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    It's simple, call the credit card company. You have not received the product you paid for.
    I think you have to dispute the charge with the CC within 30-60 days. You will have to find out from your CC provider. I would do it quick while the website is up. The CC will start to call IPEXPERT and try to do the investigation then they will see they cannot contact IPEXPERT and know something is up.

I believe all this needs to take place before they file for bankruptcy, so hurry.

Every business needs to have insurance to operate, all this money will be taken from IPEXPERTS insurance provider.
  • ninjaturtleninjaturtle Member Posts: 245 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I just renewed my DC subscription for $1,500 last week. I forgot it was on auto renew, but even if I remembered I would of left it be because I really like the DC content. I've downloaded my workbooks, but if the videos go away what a waste of $1,500 bucks! This is so unfortunate, because I enjoyed watching Jason Lunde and the older Marko Milivojevic content for R&S. icon_sad.gif
    Current Study Discipline: CCIE Data Center
    Cisco SEAL, Cisco SWAT, Cisco DeltaForce, Cisco FBI, Cisco DoD, Cisco Army Rangers, Cisco SOCOM .ιlι..ιlι.
    @ninjaturtle, if you just renewed, you need to dispute that with your bank/cc company ASAP!
  • Legacy UserLegacy User Unregistered / Not Logged In Posts: 0 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Well thats terrific! Explains why my scheduled bootcamp for June was canceled.
  • ninjaturtleninjaturtle Member Posts: 245 ■■■□□□□□□□
    JoJoCal19 wrote: »
    @ninjaturtle, if you just renewed, you need to dispute that with your bank/cc company ASAP!
    I totally agree! A friend told me to do the same, so I jumped on that real quick.
    Current Study Discipline: CCIE Data Center
    Cisco SEAL, Cisco SWAT, Cisco DeltaForce, Cisco FBI, Cisco DoD, Cisco Army Rangers, Cisco SOCOM .ιlι..ιlι.
  • nelson8403nelson8403 Member Posts: 220 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I signed up for the Zero to Hero through IPExpert and I got an email yesterday from Micronics that they were never paid so I was being dropped from the class.

I spoke with my company and told them to dispute the charge and I signed up directly with Micronics. I'm disappointed this happened but I'm glad it happened early enough that I could dispute it! I hope it comes back under new ownership, their videos were very good!
    Bachelor of Science, IT Security
    Master of Science, Information Security and Assurance

CCIE Security Progress: Written Pass (06/2016), 1st Lab Attempt (11/2016)
    Perfect opportunity for INE to purchase IPX and monopolize the training industry ;)
  • cbthutcbthut Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Wow. That guy Wayne is certainly sleazy.
    Glad you could go to credit card dispute.
    This really is an inherent problem with people / business always wanting your full money upfront before doing a darn thing.

nelson8403 wrote: »
    I signed up for the Zero to Hero through IPExpert and I got an email yesterday from Micronics that they were never paid so I was being dropped from the class.

I spoke with my company and told them to dispute the charge and I signed up directly with Micronics. I'm disappointed this happened but I'm glad it happened early enough that I could dispute it! I hope it comes back under new ownership, their videos were very good!
  • joelsfoodjoelsfood Member Posts: 1,027 ■■■■■■□□□□
    The potential problem is that many companies would use the new lack of competition as an opportunity to slack off more, rather than to continue to improve.
    joelsfood wrote: »
    The potential problem is that many companies would use the new lack of competition as an opportunity to slack off more, rather than to continue to improve.

That is only a personal perspective though, not remotely factual.
  • sea_turtlesea_turtle Member Posts: 98 ■■□□□□□□□□
    joelsfood wrote: »

this terrifies me more than anything. for many who focus on R&S the grass is always green and there are always a TON of resources. once you get off that path onto another one you quickly realize how "red headed stepchild" they are (DC as of late is becoming a cash cow).

not to beat a dead horse here (check out my post history on reddit /u/sea_turtles) but i have been contacting INE about this since i passed my written last april for the CCIE-SP and awaiting their release of the v4 materials.
    Agreed. I'm a little worried as well. I don't know about IPX's SP stuff but I know they invested a lot in Wireless and Data Center. INE owns the market for R&S VODs for sure and I've heard good things about their R&S workbooks but I haven't gotten far enough to use them yet. They pretty much gave up on wireless, collab, data center, and security for the most part given their bootcamp schedules and the quality of content their churning out.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
  • iseeyouiseeyou Member Posts: 68 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Does anyone have any idea how someone can recover money for rack rentals...