96-98% on Darril's online questions

Infosec85Infosec85 Member Posts: 192 ■■■□□□□□□□
Just as the title of my thread states, I'm continuously hitting 96-98% on questions on Darril's site. I've went over aspects that I was weak on such as cryptography and PKI.

Anyone else hit these scores and passed the exam?

Comments

• scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    Yes, I got an 880 with that help
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • tedjamestedjames Member Posts: 1,179 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Yes. His online questions, especially his performance-based simulations, really put me over the top. Also, make sure you know the common port numbers/names, RAID levels, OSI model, basic risk formulas, encryption types, etc.
  • Infosec85Infosec85 Member Posts: 192 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have some experience with raid however I do need to brush up on it again. Grand with OSI model as I have Network+. Thank you though for the heads up!
  • 4chib4ld4chib4ld Member Posts: 25 ■■□□□□□□□□
    If you're consistently hitting those scores, I would think that you would have success on the exam.

His preparation questions (especially concerning access control lists *wink wink*) would suite you well to review. Without specifics, there often times are questions where you will have to look at a diagram, and complete an ACL based on the information provided.

Good luck!
  • tedjamestedjames Member Posts: 1,179 ■■■■■■■■□□
    If you're weak in cryptography and PKI (two of my worst topics), check out Cybrary's Cryptography training and the corresponding sections in Cybrary's CASP and CISSP training. The extra boost I got from that gave me what I needed to answer correctly questions relating to those topics on the SSCP exam.
  • techtiatechtia Member Posts: 144
    Sorry if this question is repetitive but aside from the practice questions in the beginning and at the end of his book, where else can I get free practice questions? I can't seem to find it on his page, where are all the free simulation exams and practice exams?

I remember from my previous A+ exam, the exam cram had 699 free practice questions on a CD ROM and then on the authors website there were another 100-200 free practice question. I can't seem to find any free practice questions other than 3-4 on Mr. Gibsons website.
    The content on Darril's site has to be paid for, it is not free. You can purchase 420 practice questions and quite a few simulation practice questions are included. The price if I can remember was around 30-40 Dollars
  • techtiatechtia Member Posts: 144
    Well alright thanks, I guess I will just rely solely on his book.
  • dhay13dhay13 Member Posts: 580 ■■■■□□□□□□
    i just got Gibsons extra questions last week. it was $45 for a 30 day subscription and i got the bonus questions with it. there is also an option for a 60 day subscription for about $55.

i take the test tomorrow morning. got 86% on his practice test at the beginning of the book before i read it and got 90% on it today. i'm pretty confident about tomorrow
    Drop us a post tomorrow and let us know how you get on. Best of luck to you.
    thanks and will do
    passed 805/900
    Congrats on the pass!! Great score also. How did you find it?
    a little surprised at first. not what i was expecting. gibsons book definitely helped but i think my past education and experience played a bigger role (along with some common sense). i read through the whole book but i spent most of my time on the practice questions. they gave a good conception of how the questions were worded but i don't think they did much for my knowledge. reading the chapters was more helpful i think than the questions were. i was actually surprised to find out i passed. i finished with 7 seconds left so time is pretty tight. i took my network+ in 2010 but i feel i would have done better if i had taken this shortly after and would recommend the network+ before the security+.

just glad its over and now figuring out which is next