I take the test tomorrow morning. What's your best last-minute tip(s)?

iamgregoriamgregor Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
I've studied for the last two weeks; perhaps not as hard as I could or should have, but I passed the CISSP in 2007 and am only retaking it because I let it lapse a few years back.

I've been doing pretty badly on practice tests because the questions are confusing and interpreted strangely, but I've been doing system security work for the last 10 years so I shouldn't be much worse off than the last time. So far my weakest stuff is knowing every little acronym or who was responsible for which ISO or that CMM has 5 levels instead of 6 (or other stupid things I could easily look up online if I ever actually needed them).

The advice I've heard so far is:
  • Take it from the perspective of a manager/ information security professional.
  • Don't bother marking questions you have full confidence in the answer or NO confidence (no point in spending time on complete guesses).
  • If a question has more than one right answer, pick the one that would be true in any extremes or all cases rather than only some.
  • Be VERY careful of words like NOT or EXCEPT so you don't answer the opposite.
My last minute study plan is to watch Cybrary and other videos to just hear and see someone explain the same information I've been studying.

Comments

• iamgregoriamgregor Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Apparently I can't watch Cybrary videos because I'm in Japan right now. *sigh*
  • TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Last minute tip, eat well the day before, relax and don't cloud your brain with last minute studying. I try to avoid studying the day before the exams.
    TheFORCE wrote: »
    Last minute tip, eat well the day before, relax and don't cloud your brain with last minute studying. I try to avoid studying the day before the exams.

I'm starting to think the same way. It's kind of killing my brain right now.
  • dustervoicedustervoice Member Posts: 877 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Relax, Eat well, try to take a few breaks during the test.
  • havoc64havoc64 Member Posts: 213 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Relax and get some good sleep. Don't over eat that morning.
  • jt2929jt2929 Member Posts: 244 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Relax. If you don't know the material by now, no last minute cramming will help.
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Gotta echo what others said. What you haven't mastered up to this point won't magically burn into your brain today. Free up your body. mind and soul in any legal way that suits you and just enjoy.
  • bpennbpenn Member Posts: 499
    This might be obvious, but see if you can narrow each question down to two possible answers. It helped me to visualize each answer and ask myself, "why is this wrong?" Then, I could, most of the time, have only two possible answers to choose from.
    "If your dreams dont scare you - they ain't big enough" - Life of Dillon
  • E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,228 ■■■■■■■■■■
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    any legal way

This is pretty limiting. :)
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
    I wrote down several test-taking strategies that I used that I think helped: https://www.reddit.com/r/cissp/comments/4awf7s/i_passed_today_in_25_hours_heres_how/
  • CJ3CJ3 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod