taking CIPTV2 for the 3rd time today

shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
I've been studying since November for this exam. Most of the the exam objectives you can find in the SRND and admin guides. First time I missed it by a few questions, the 2nd time I bombed. Hopefully I'll be back with some good news today
Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related

Comments

• Alex90Alex90 Member Posts: 289
    Good luck! Although if you're struggling to pass it then it doesn't give me much confidence icon_cry.gif
  • shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    Passed barley 880, needed 860 to pass. You need to get access to video to pass. I have access to an expressway I just installed so a lot of thigns were fresh in my mind, but I just don't see how you can pass without it
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Congrats! Passing is passing. That's all that matters.
  • bobfromfplbobfromfpl Member Posts: 104
    any plans on taking the ccie collab written?
  • shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    I've lost the desire to really do the IE. Running a company and doing a lot of Asterisk/freeswitch and linux work makes it kinda hard to really get into going all in on the IE.

So when I have a need for an IE, I hire one.
    Currently Reading

• ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • MowMow Member Posts: 445 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! I need to convert before August.
  • negru_tudornegru_tudor Member Posts: 473 ■■■□□□□□□□
    shodown wrote: »
    I've lost the desire to really do the IE. Running a company and doing a lot of Asterisk/freeswitch and linux work makes it kinda hard to really get into going all in on the IE.

So when I have a need for an IE, I hire one.

Congrats on the pass :)! With pushing video into what was a voice professional track (and taking the QoS bits out), a lot of people seem to have lost the appeal to go down this path (myself included).. might go for the CIPTv2 someday to keep the cert. but IE Collab...not likely. I'd rather do a SIP School course / exam..maybe even consider pushing for a NP R&S.

Once more, nice work on the pass!
    2017-2018 goals:
    [X] CIPTV2 300-075
    [ ] SIP School SSCA
    [X] CCNP Switch 300-115 [X] CCNP Route 300-101 [X] CCNP Tshoot 300-135
    [ ] LPIC1-101 [ ] LPIC1-102 (wishful thinking)
  • Legacy UserLegacy User Unregistered / Not Logged In Posts: 0 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!

I completely agree with you Negru_tudor, the lost the appeal to go down the ccnp collab path as well. I like voice but video seems like a whole different field all together to me. I actually started to get interested in the security offerings by cisco feels much more dynamic then voice but I don't see a need to get the ccnp sec as I never see a job ad requiring it. I am currently working through the ccnp rs path as well.
  • pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats Sho icon_cheers.gif

Yep, add me to the list - I'm losing interest in the IE collaboration thanks to the heavy emphasis on video. I see video as more of a niche market, not something that I want to be my primary focus.
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT
  • Alex90Alex90 Member Posts: 289
    I'm completely of the same view guys - had my heart set on following the collaboration route as I really enjoy the voice side of things. The focus on video has really put me off though, I'm not remotely interested in it. I also see hardly any jobs asking for it and to be fair, even the voice market doesn't seem to be what it was a couple of years ago.

I've dropped my studies for the collaboration exams and will instead focus on the CCNP RS for now. After that I guess I follow up with either design, DC or security.