GCIH Practice Exams

MrAgentMrAgent Member Posts: 1,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
Does anyone happen to have any available they'd like to donate to me?

Comments

• abelamoralesabelamorales Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hey Jason, you receive two practice exams with your exam purchase. These practice exams simulate the real test so you have exactly 4 hours to take the exam and one 15 minute break. If you have some questions, shoot me an PM.
  • MrAgentMrAgent Member Posts: 1,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Yeah, I used them both and didn't do so well. I am hoping to not have to pay for another.
  • 636-555-3226636-555-3226 Member Posts: 975 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Bump up that index! Work on your problem areas? What challenged you the most?
    That's exactly what I am going to be doing today, is adding more to my index in my problem areas... which were really only 2... but a few others I could definitely improve on.
  • GirlyGirlGirlyGirl Member Posts: 219
    I scored slightly higher than I did on the real exam, after taking the practice. So, personally from my own real life story the practice exam was within 10 points of my final exam score. I would just study, index heavily and aggressively, and pay the 100 bucks or whatever it is for another practice exam. Maybe your index is not in a user friendly order. To give you my unsolicited advice, I would study and re-index then buy another practice exam. A practice exam is a lot cheaper than another certification attempt.
  • E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,228 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I failed both practice exams and passed the real exam with a score 13% higher. I didn't complete the practice because I did it while at work, but I still went through all of the books again and fine tuned my index.
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
    @GirlyGirl: I am planning on doing a lot more to my index tonight, possibly re-index it.

@E Double U: I am going to be doing that tonight and this week for sure.
  • TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    MrAgent wrote: »
    Yeah, I used them both and didn't do so well. I am hoping to not have to pay for another.

I do not believe you can purchase additional practice exams at any price. If you fail your exam, you are not given any additional practice tests if you pay for a retake attempt. This is why I try to stress that SANS practice exams are not to be taken lightly.
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.
    I can buy more practice exams. I looked it up yesterday, but at ~$130 for one practice exam, its a bit much.

Edit:
    https://www.giac.org/exams/preparation
  • TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    MrAgent wrote: »
    I can buy more practice exams. I looked it up yesterday, but at ~$130 for one practice exam, its a bit much.

Thanks for the info, I tried to find out before if it was possible to purchase more practice tests, but SANS doesn't make this information easy to locate.
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.
    No problem. You're right that it isn't exactly easy to find the info.
  • BillHooBillHoo Member Posts: 207 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have yet to get crackin on study, index and practice. I took the Feb class in Mclean, VA

I'm going to set aside some time tonight to review each book, page by page and index items of interest before I even start the practice exams. Also going to redo all the labs.
    Someone was kind enough to donate one to me, and I was able to do MUCH better after re-doing my index and reviewing the material again. I am taking the exam tomorrow afternoon.