Bought a CCNA Lab and...

sillymcnastysillymcnasty Member Posts: 254 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hey! Very long time lurker. First time poster. You guys were irreplaceable when it came to passing the N10-006 test. I learned from you guys which resources to use, and test taking practices, and a whole bunch of other things. Especially the importance of subnetting. I can do almost everything in my head within a few seconds now, thanks to you guys.

Anywho:

I passed the N10-006 in December and now I want the CCENT/CCNA. I've read the book written by Wendell Odom, the 100-101 book. I've seen the CBT Nuggets videos. I got my job to pay for the Boson EX-Sim. I got 60% first try with only a quick run through of the reading, which I think is decent, given how hard the exams are supposed to be.

Except I have zero hands on experience. In comes the labs.

I bought this lab setup from Ebay right after I passed the N10-006:
Cisco CCNA Ccent Massive Lab Kit 5X Routers 3X Switches Selling 1 Lab on eBay | eBay

Now it is time for me to use it, except the labs that it comes with are a bunch of random PDFs of other labs. Not quite specific to what I bought, and seems really jumbled. So my question is:

Given the equipment that I have, are there any pre-written labs anywhere that I could refer to that have a clear step by step process to practice with?

Comments

• JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    CertificationKits (Site supporter ad on the left column of the forum) has lab books.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • clarsonclarson Member Posts: 903 ■■■■□□□□□□
    most labs are going to be written generically to what the equipment is. If you were going to write a lab you aren't going to write it for every possible piece of equipment that someone might be using, much less for every possible combination of equipment that someone might have in a lab. So, you do need to apply the lab to your equipment. Not so easy when you are starting as you don't know your equipment that well or the cisco commands.

here are some nice labs to try: https://www.freeccnaworkbook.com/workbooks/ccna
    and udemy has a 101 labs course that can be purchased pretty inexpensively.
    Have you contacted the seller with your questions? from that link:
    [h=3]Customer Satisfaction #1[/h]CCNA / CCNP / CCIE labs are complicated equipment and cannot be managed without experience or instruction. Helping CCNA CCNP CCIE students make progress is our goal so feel free to contact us with any problems or questions about the equipment you purchase. Most problems are resolved over the phone or by email. Please keep us advised about any new study labs you are using to prepare for your exams.
    [h=2]949-791-7549[/h]
  • sillymcnastysillymcnasty Member Posts: 254 ■■■□□□□□□□
    clarson wrote: »
    Have you contacted the seller with your questions? from that link:
    Customer Satisfaction #1

CCNA / CCNP / CCIE labs are complicated equipment and cannot be managed without experience or instruction. Helping CCNA CCNP CCIE students make progress is our goal so feel free to contact us with any problems or questions about the equipment you purchase. Most problems are resolved over the phone or by email. Please keep us advised about any new study labs you are using to prepare for your exams.
    949-791-7549

Well, it's not a matter of me not understanding what's on the CD. It's literally tons of bootlegged PDF files. Some not even in English. I'd have to sort through everything to find anything useful, at the moment. I was hoping there was some other well organized stuff so I wouldn't have to decipher the files.
    Also they all seem to be the old test, (no mention of 100-101 anywhere, as I want to start with the CCENT first. Only the 640-802).

And JoJo/Clarson. Thanks I will check out those sources.
    Do you have a good book on the subject? Such as, the OCG by Wendell Odom or a book by lammle. Like you mentioned, make sure what you buy is for the current test.
    always wondered about the materials on one of those "Bonus DVD" was like. I guess, at least from those guys, they are pretty worthless.
  • NOC-NinjaNOC-Ninja Member Posts: 1,403
    Odom and Lammle are great books. I actually read those when i was studying.
    To lab. What i would recommend is that you go to the CCNA blueprint and then type the technology and youtube. There's always going to be a step by step on how to lab in youtube. THe best part about this is its FREE.

Now if you want to go to a vendor. They have INE and CBT nuggets.