GCIA.. SEC 503 Passed (85%)

Shashi AhongshangbamShashi Ahongshangbam Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Cleared my SANS GCIA 503 on 19 March 2016. I went through Sans On demand Course-503 before giving the Test.Sans provide you 2 mock tests when you register for the exam. The Mock tests will give you a deep inside on how the actual exam will be like.

How to clear?

1) The Materials provided by Sans is enough to clear the exam. But you have to very clear wit the concept. Go through the book atleast 3/4 Times and get familiar with it. Indexing will help only when you are clear with the concept in the book

2) Go through the Exercises provided in the Work book. It is a must.. You may feel it unnecessary but I am repeating it is a must.

3) Be handy with the frame headers in the ********** and Packet decoding, which I felt will be the deciding factor in your exam

4) The mock test will be near in pattern with the real exam, So prepare well and give the mock test , the Questions wont repeat in the real test but pattern and concept of the questions in the real exam will be hovering around the one in the mock test

5) And last thing prepare well in advance it is not like , you come out of a blue and decide to write the exam in 7/10 days. Give time to it, have patience and prepare thoroughly then decide to give the real exam.

All the best.. and get Certified... :)

Comments

• GirlyGirlGirlyGirl Member Posts: 219
    Job Well Done. Do you have any more certs on your radar for the near future?
  • 636-555-3226636-555-3226 Member Posts: 975 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats Shashi. SANS certs are well-respected in my organization, so you've earned my respect!
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • chanakyajupudichanakyajupudi Member Posts: 712
    Congratulations!
    Work In Progress - RHCA [ ] Certified Cloud Security Professional [ ] GMON/GWAPT if Work Study is accepted [ ]
    http://adarsh.amazonwebservices.ninja

• hangmanhangman Member Posts: 9 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • j.petrovj.petrov Member Posts: 282
    Congrats! That is not an easy exam.
  • UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    Congrats Shashi!

Question, so the SANS on demand will come with books only? are there any video lectures or something?? it's just books and lab (pcaps) exercises?
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Check out my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/DRJic8vCodE 

• Shashi AhongshangbamShashi Ahongshangbam Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Penetration Testing and Ethical hacking is what I am thinking of. I already have EC council CEH certificate.
    Advance Penetration testing and Ethical hacking. I already have EC council's CEH cert
    @UnixGuy. Sans On demand course has lectured videos by Security Guru Mike Poor. you can view and run it anytime 24/7 for 4 months after which the training videos will get expired. You will also have MP3 files.

Apart from this: you will get Books and VM with all tools loaded and all the necessary pcaps and files.

But I should say the Training kit is expansive and comes for a hefty $5600.
    After which you can go for the Exam which will cost you an additional $1199.

Alternately you can go a package for training+Exam voucher somewhere around $(5600+659)
  • EngRobEngRob Member Posts: 247 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I hear 503 is one tough cookie