How to legitimately obtain Packet Tracer directly from Cisco (details inside!)

JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
I know people usually want to obtain Packet Tracer but since you have had to have a Cisco Netacad login to do so, and you could only obtain a login by signing up for a Netacad course through an authorized provider, people resorted to downloading elsewhere on the internets. Well today I saw a tweet from Cisco Netacad with a link to sign up for a free course on how to use Packet Tracer, and with that you must create a Netacad account to do so. So follow the link below and under "Download Packet Tracer and Learn" you can click the "Sign Up" button and create a Netacad account and have access to Packet Tracer, and other free courses.

https://www.netacad.com/about-networking-academy/packet-tracer/?utm_source=social&utm_medium=tw&utm_campaign=PT101&utm_content=job

I now have a Netacad login and can access all of the Cisco Netacad resources. Enjoy!
Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
Next Up:​ OSCP
Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework

Comments

• JasminLandryJasminLandry Member Posts: 601 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Awesome, I already have a version but I do have colleagues pursuing their CCNA so I'll let them know about this.
  • stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Great link, thank you JoJoCal19!
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • sillymcnastysillymcnasty Member Posts: 254 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You saved my life I was JUST trying to find a way to do this lol
  • wd40wd40 Member Posts: 1,017 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • fmitawapsfmitawaps Banned Posts: 261
    I downloaded packet tracer student last year, I didn't think it was any big deal to get it. It's ok for practice but doesn't EXACTLY do what a real 3560 switch does in every little thing.
  • theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I signed up. Not really interested in Packet Tracer (I had it a while back, but deleted it), but wouldn't mind checking out what else is available. I had a NetAcademy login at one time (I took the 4 CCNA classes in college), but have no idea what the login name is. Cisco and the College were no help whatsoever so I no longer had NetAcademy access.
    R&S: CCENT CCNA CCNP CCIE [ ]
    Security: CCNA [ ]
    Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]
  • phariuspharius Member Posts: 71 ■■■□□□□□□□
    A great link thanks!
  • sillymcnastysillymcnasty Member Posts: 254 ■■■□□□□□□□
    How do you get the "other free courses?"

I clicked and it is still telling me to find an academy to sign up with?
  • JameswebJamesweb Member Posts: 144
    JoJo, Thanks a whole lot for this link man! This is really awesome and very helpful. I signed up for the course and you are right you can get the newest version of Packet tracer and a whole lot of other self paced courses now with a netacad login. Thanks again for sharing this!!
    Currently working on CCENT/CCNA and CAPM
  • OmegaBLKOmegaBLK Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for finding this!
  • NansNans Member Posts: 160
    Thanks Man...! Already have one, but tried this too...!! icon_thumright.gif
    2016 Certification Goals: CCNP Route /COLOR][B][/B][I][B]X[/B][/I][COLOR=#008000-->Switch/COLOR]:study:[COLOR=#ff8c00-->TShoot[], CCDP []
  • steelodonsteelodon Member Posts: 103
    This is very much appreciated!!
  • JayLQueJayLQue Member Posts: 17 ■■■□□□□□□□
    WOW this is awesome thanks a whole lot!!!!!!