CISM / Isaca advice

ClmClm Member Posts: 444 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hola,

My end goal in my career field is to be a executive InfoSec professional (CIO,CISO,VP or Director) I currently Have sec+ ITIL and I have passed CISSP just waiting for endorsements to come back. My question is what Cert do you feel will benefit me best Next? I have CCNA,CCNA- Sec, Linux+ and CEH vouchers to use but im looking for something more is CISM the way?
I find your lack of Cloud Security Disturbing!!!!!!!!!
Connect with me on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/myerscraig

Comments

• 636-555-3226636-555-3226 Member Posts: 975 ■■■■■□□□□□
    If you meet the qualifications, I'd recommend CISA, CISM, CRISC. Not a lot of "management" level certs, and those seem to be the ones listed the most when the positions pop up in my area. Each will give you some good knowledge in various areas with an escalating level of detail & difficulty if you go the order I provided. I've been debating the SANS/GIAC GSLC but haven't done it yet so can't provide any input there. GSLC doesn't have any "hard" requirements, so that's a plus.
  • ClmClm Member Posts: 444 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You have any recommendations on CISA books and study material?

Official ISACA study materials are the only way to fly in this case (trust me, I've taken a few ISACA exams). Get the study manual and all of the Q&A books (or database if you prefer digital - the database is the same as the printed books, just in electronic format).
  • dustervoicedustervoice Member Posts: 877 ■■■■□□□□□□
    agreed cant go wrong with official isaca material
  • TongyTongy Member Posts: 234
    agreed cant go wrong with official isaca material

Sadly, this is correct. I only used ISACA material and passed, so it must work!
  • ClmClm Member Posts: 444 ■■■■□□□□□□

• TongyTongy Member Posts: 234
    These are the latest materials. I used the 2015 equivalent, as well as the online database of questions.
  • wiresharkwireshark Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have CISM Review Manual 2014, 12th Edition. Are there any major changes in the latest 14th edition compared to the 12th one?
    Anyone?
    Where'd you get the 2014 book from?
  • The Man in BlackThe Man in Black Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Did you ever receive any answer to this? I am in the same boat.

Thanks.
  • The Man in BlackThe Man in Black Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    wireshark wrote: »
    I have CISM Review Manual 2014, 12th Edition. Are there any major changes in the latest 14th edition compared to the 12th one?
    Anyone?

Did you ever receive any answer to this? I am in the same boat.

Thanks.