Options

MSTP Preventing Loop Question

klez0011klez0011 Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
hello alli have 3 questions please help meicon_sad.gif1-while i want to run MSTP (maybe with VTP V3 or VTP V.2) must I config in all switches(Both Layer 2 and Layer 3) as i show in picture scenario?i mean i should type commands:spanning-tree mode mstspanning-tree mst confrevi ...name ...inst ....in all Switches ?NOTE: I run HSRP in SWITCHes(R1 and R3) and Link Aggregation between All Switches Layer 32-Does or better to ask Can MSTP Preventing Loop in Below scenario that i put picture and show in it?3-for access to Client(C1 that connect to SW4 in end of picture :in red square)which ip shoud be Set for Default Gateway ?Define Gateway in SW4 by : ip Default Gateway or int vlan ...ip addressand use int Vlan Add for C1 gatewayORwe should set ip of Router 5 (R5) for DG?thanks a loticon_redface.gif

Comments

• Options
    klez0011klez0011 Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    hello all
    i have 3 questions please help meicon_sad.gif1-while i want to run MSTP (maybe with VTP V3 or VTP V.2) must I config in all switches(Both Layer 2 and Layer 3) as i show in picture scenario?i mean i should type commands:
    spanning-tree mode mst
    spanning-tree mst conf
    revi ...
    name ...
    inst ....
    in all Switches ?
    NOTE: I run HSRP in SWITCHes(R1 and R3) and Link Aggregation between All Switches Layer 3
    2-Does or better to ask Can MSTP Preventing Loop in Below scenario that i put picture and show in it?

3-for access to Client(C1 that connect to SW4 in end of picture :in red square)which ip shoud be Set for Default Gateway ?Define Gateway in SW4 by : ip Default Gateway or int vlan ...ip addressand use int Vlan Add for C1 gatewayORwe should set ip of Router 5 (R5) for DG?
    thanks a loticon_redface.gif