Options

Computer password change

pizzaboypizzaboy Member Posts: 244 ■■■□□□□□□□
Since our upgraded windows 10 computer password was successfully reset, can no longer save files to separate file server using the server name, only ip address. So far when the issue comes up we have just reset the computer account and all goes back to normal. Any ideas?
God deserves my best

Comments

• Options
    gespensterngespenstern Member Posts: 1,243 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Hard to tell, you don't tell us error messages, etc.

Overall it looks like you have a Kerberos issue. On a domain-joined PC Kerberos is always used to authenticate you to other servers in Kerberos realm (= i.e. ADDS infrastructure) using Kerberos AP exchange if DNS name of the resource is used (which checks against SPN (service principal name) and looks like it doesn't work for you as IP-based UNC paths always rely on NTLM...

Your best bet is to do netsh trace start capture during your failures and see what you got in message analyzer, otherwise it's hard to tell...
  • Options
    pizzaboypizzaboy Member Posts: 244 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Whenever the user tries to edit or save files in their redirected folder, a windows error comes up saying the file is not there or deleted. So nothing about permissions or anything in the logs or otherwise. I looked through the dc and the file server security logs but saw no keberos errors. But will try the netsh trace, thanks.

dc- 2012 r2
    file server - 2012
    God deserves my best