Passed eJPT

I've just passed eJPT, and it's a big deal for me because it's the first certification exam that I take since my RHCE in 2011!

I initially planned to take the exam next weekend as I had a major personal event this Easter weekend but I today instead of going through the labs I thought might as well take the exam, I knew I was ready.

The exam took me about 4.5 hours, I scored 87%

The exam itself is really brilliant. Challenging but not too difficult, it will test your understanding of the material. I really enjoyed taking this exam, and enjoyed learning the (very) basic steps of pentesting and decided that I like this sort of challenge so I'm going to take eLearnSecurity eCPPT next!

I highly recommend this course for anyone who has zero pentesting experience and want to get a good foundation and taste of the real deal, specially if you like lab-based learning. The videos and Hera Labs are perfect for that.
Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Check out my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/DRJic8vCodE 

Comments

• lugerluger Member Posts: 52 ■□□□□□□□□□
    UnixGuy wrote: »
    I've just passed eJPT, and it's a big deal for me because it's the first certification exam that I take since my RHCE in 2011!

I initially planned to take the exam next weekend as I had a major personal event this Easter weekend but I today instead of going through the labs I thought might as well take the exam, I knew I was ready.

The exam took me about 4.5 hours, I scored 87%

The exam itself is really brilliant. Challenging but not too difficult, it will test your understanding of the material. I really enjoyed taking this exam, and enjoyed learning the (very) basic steps of pentesting and decided that I like this sort of challenge so I'm going to take eLearnSecurity eCPPT next!

I highly recommend this course for anyone who has zero pentesting experience and want to get a good foundation and taste of the real deal, specially if you like lab-based learning. The videos and Hera Labs are perfect for that.

Good on you for the pass mate. :D

I started this course last Tuesday and finished it off last Saturday after 20hrs of work but still have the labs to do which im planning to have all done this week. It's a bit of a big deal for me too seeing that im quite new to pen testing so hopefully i do well on this one followed by the eCCPT course.
  • UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    @luger: that's really quick, good job! Most the learning happens in the labs, so make sure you understand them very well

• OctalDumpOctalDump Member Posts: 1,722
    Congratulations!

How much does this cost for the course and the exam?

EDIT:

Ah, I found it. That doesn't look too bad.
    2017 Goals - Something Cisco, Something Linux, Agile PM
  • lugerluger Member Posts: 52 ■□□□□□□□□□
    @luger: that's really quick, good job! Most the learning happens in the labs, so make sure you understand them very well

Yeah i have good network and security background since i have been working in Security for the last 2 years and have been CCNA certified twice so that helped. I need to do some more research on Wireshark, Burp Suite and how XSS / SQLi works. Those are my weakest areas.
  • jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratulations UnixGuy!!!!!

I'm glad that you're going on to the eCPPT!! I'm thinking about signing up for it again but for the Elite plan so I can take my time.
    I saw the dates where I started the eJPT and when I took the test, it was over a year form when I signed up... kinda bad.

When do you think you'll start the eCPPT?
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Infosec85Infosec85 Member Posts: 192 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats UnixGuy on the pass. Quick question, Is it possible to do this course with Security+ and no hands on experience?
  • Russ5813Russ5813 Member Posts: 123 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I hadn't even heard of this cert until recently, but most people who've taken it have good things to say about the material/test. I think I may have to give it a try.
  • the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congrats! That first cert after awhile of not obtaining any provides an amazing feeling and spark, don't lose it!
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff

When do you think you'll start the eCPPT?

yesterday ;) I bought the course already. Now that I have my momentum and determination back on, I want to learn and absorb as much as possible. Interesting field. Trust me I took longer than you for eJPT but it was purely due to personal issues that I finally resolved.

Infosec85 wrote: »
    Congrats UnixGuy on the pass. Quick question, Is it possible to do this course with Security+ and no hands on experience?

Definitely! that's what the cert for, and they have enough background information to cover.

How comfortable are you with Linux? you have to have a kali linux vm machine to VPN to the labs and eventually the exam.

@Russ581: Go for it!!

@The_Grinch: True! I have to work out some personal issues before I could go back to studying and progressing my career again. Better late than never :)

yesterday ;) I bought the course already. Now that I have my momentum and determination back on, I want to learn and absorb as much as possible. Interesting field. Trust me I took longer than you for eJPT but it was purely due to personal issues that I finally resolved.

I get paid this Friday so I'll have to wait until then. Are you going to post updates?
    I was going over the syllabus and I saw some overlapping material/labs so that's great for reinforcement. Are you going to buy any books for extra study material?
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
    @James: I can post updates, but perhaps after I finish some modules. I don't think I'll buy extra material as their material seems to be enough (I hope). The course looks much more advanced, and the material is significantly larger so I think I can't slack in this one, must study regularly and with steady discipline but it's worth it. Must build that strong background to tackle OSCP later.

I might buy a book or two to help me out with things just in case I don't understand something within the course. But I can also ask on the forums too. I hope the course is a great build up towards the OSCP. I keep going over the syllabus for both certifications to try to figure out how much more studying I would need for both courses.
    Booya!!
    People seem to go straight to OSCP and are fine, but I prefer this way of learning better. Both are tough certificates but OSCP is more well known to employers. However, you can always add those skills that you learned to your CV and you can demonstrate them at work/interviews, so doing both is very beneficial.

Yeaa everyone else will be fine but me lol. I'm sure I'll get a few major headaches just from looking at the stuff.
    Booya!!
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • jonenojoneno Member Posts: 257 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats Unix!icon_cheers.gif I'll be starting next month (4/8/2016) with ejpt and all the way to the top with ecppt, oscp, osce, ewapt, gpen, etc. It's slow and steady for me; I usually like taking my time, I'm not in a race or competition with anyone. I got a baby, wife, school, social life and job to keep me busy. :)
    @joneno: good man! I have similar goals, and my life is too busy as well! I pushed myself to finish the eJPT labs and they turned out be a really interesting challenge. I think I'll push myself harder to get the eCPPT and then OCSP. Looks like a great path to transition to a penetration testing role!

• diggitlediggitle Member Posts: 118 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations UnixGuy! I'm doing the same thing eJPT --> eCPPT --> OSCP
    c colon i net pub dubdubdub root