What does this button do?

techtiatechtia Member Posts: 144
Sometimes I get this user reputation orange alert thing, I don't even know how to find it now but I see there is a button on the posts that says add to users reputation, what does that mean?

Do these points add up to something? Thanks

Comments

• NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    points add up and in turn, they make more little green rectangles under your name. The more rectangles you have, the more you are winning at this forum.

So like right now, I am beating you... icon_cheers.gif
  • chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    When you gather enough green elfs you are whist away to a magical place where unicorns reside.
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • techtiatechtia Member Posts: 144
    So like right now, I am beating you...

ROLF or is it ROFL ...ROOF ..ralph?!

Thanks for answering, I'm going to be sure not to give any of you guys reputation points or I can just photoshop those reputation points in my avatar.
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    If people like what you say, they click the button in the lower left corner of your post to "Add to this user's reputation". Users with higher reputation get more green bars and give you an indication that they are more likely to have better answers. Or maybe they just post more.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Devilsbane wrote: »
    Users with higher reputation get more green bars and give you an indication that they are more likely to have better answers. Or maybe they just post more.

It is always Quantity over Quality right? That is what I was always told from the guys I met in college
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    It is always Quantity over Quality right? That is what I was told in from the guys I met in college anyways...

It's all up to your peers to decide if something merits reputation or not. Some of them will probably give some out because you +1'd something that they like. Others will hold back and only give it out for really earning something. The amount of reputation that the giver has impacts how much of a bump you get out of it.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    chrisone wrote: »
    When you gather enough green elfs you are whist away to a magical place where unicorns reside.

LoL. As someone full green bars, I can attest that unicorns are WONDERFUL to ride :P
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,228 ■■■■■■■■■■
    chrisone wrote: »

I was told there would be punch and pie.
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • alias454alias454 Member Posts: 648 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I am waiting for someone to spike the punch ;) but maybe Iris already has with her talking about unicorns and such!
    “I do not seek answers, but rather to understand the question.”
    alias454 wrote: »
    I am waiting for someone to spike the punch ;) but maybe Iris already has with her talking about unicorns and such!

Well, there was a LOT of drinking done after passing the CCIE. I had to "chemically format" my brain after that :P
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
  • Nafe92014Nafe92014 Member Posts: 279 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Well, there was a LOT of drinking done after passing the CCIE. I had to "chemically format" my brain after that :P
    All I can say is that there will be "SOME" drinking on Friday in honor of my 24th day of birth. I'm sure someone on here is gonna try to Fool me (as long as it's appropriate...and doesn't involve unicorns or pies). :P

And Iris, how can you set a custom text under your green bars instead of it reading "Junior Member" for example?
    Certification Goals 2020: CCNA, Security+

"You have enemies? Good, that means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." ~Winston S. Churchill
    Click on your name on the top bar of the page. Then click on "Edit Profile" on the right. It'll be your "Custom User Title. "
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
  • alias454alias454 Member Posts: 648 ■■■■□□□□□□

You only kill off the weak ones anyway.
    “I do not seek answers, but rather to understand the question.”
  • tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    How come nobody talks about the free Amazon gift cards for each square earned?

Or am I the only one getting those?
  • scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    tpatt100 wrote: »
    How come nobody talks about the free Amazon gift cards for each square earned?

Or am I the only one getting those?
    GIFT CARDS? Hey..icon_exclaim.gif
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    All this time I thought those rectangles were the volume indicator. :p
  • PJ_SneakersPJ_Sneakers Member Posts: 884 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I thought it was the HP I had left. I have enough to block two more hadokens before I'm done.