2 Companies

pearljampearljam Member Posts: 134
The first company I am further along in the interview process, I had my phone interview, then went in for an initial interview and have another interview tomorrow. Today, I got an email from a second company and they want to schedule a phone interview with me so I responded with some times I'm available. Thing is the first company is an hour away from my house and the second is 10 - 15 min. The second company also pays 7 grand more a year. How should I handle this situation if I'm offered a job tomorrow by the first company because I want to see what the second has to say?

Comments

• TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    You don't have to accept right away. Usually they give you a time frame of a few days to respond and go over the offer.
  • majestic_pecanmajestic_pecan Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    At the end of the day you have to act in your own best interest, because neither of these companies will.
    If the first company is an improvement on the job you already have (or if you are not currently employed), you should take it, because you don't know how the situation with the second company will play out. Then, if the second company does give you a better offer than the first, put in a 2 weeks notice and leave the first company.
    Don't tell the first company you are shopping around unless they ask you directly.
    2016 GOALS:
    Linux+
    Wireshark
    New job...
  • NansNans Member Posts: 160
    pearljam wrote: »
    How should I handle this situation if I'm offered a job tomorrow by the first company because I want to see what the second has to say?

Let the offer come and I know it will. But they usually give you some time say few days (atleast 48-72 hours). Then you can accept or reject the 1st one depending on how your prospects are at the 2nd. What my humble suggestion will be forget about the 2nd untill you get the 1st offer and vice versa. It will help you keep your concentration and trust me will help you not to make mistakes unintentionally. So let them reach that stage..

All the best with your interviewsicon_thumright.gif
    2016 Certification Goals: CCNP Route /COLOR][B][/B][I][B]X[/B][/I][COLOR=#008000-->Switch/COLOR]:study:[COLOR=#ff8c00-->TShoot[], CCDP []