MCSA or NET+ ?

loukalouka Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
some of the net+ topics are included in the first course of mcsa.
so should i start directly with mcsa without taking net+ ?
i have basic knowledge of networking and i'm a 2 years experienced in technical support engineer.

Comments

• nascar_paulnascar_paul Member Posts: 288 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Take the Net+ and use it as a basis for some of the MCSA stuff. The N+ is a good jump off for a couple of mid level certs. So it serves as a good basis, and you'll see some of it, (encryption, authentication) but Microsoft goes A LOT further.
    2017 Goals: 70-411 [X], 74-409 [X], 70-533 [X], VCP5-DCV [], LX0-103 [], LX0-104 []
    "I PLAN to fail!" - No One Ever
  • AndersonSmithAndersonSmith Member Posts: 471 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have the A+, Net+, and Security+ and I found that having taken all of them before the 70-410 (first exam in the MCSA 2012 path) helped me tremendously. A lot, if not all of my study materials already assumed I had the fundamentals from the aforementioned exams. It's certainly not a requirement by any means, but I think you'll be a lot happier by taking the Net+ before attempting the MCSA.
    All the best,
    Anderson

"Everything that has a beginning has an end"
  • loukalouka Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    okay thank you guys i think i'm going to start with the net+ first
  • bohackbohack Member Posts: 114
    I am a veteran of certification and a hiring manager... I agree Net+ is the first cert then start the MCSA. Good luck.

NetworkedMinds - http://www.youtube.com/networkedminds
    MCSA / MCSE Educational Channel
  • joeswfcjoeswfc Member Posts: 118 ■■■□□□□□□□
    As others have said, net+ would be good to take first and then MCSA. This will help with things like subnetting and VPN