Options

Passed my CCNA 200-120 today!

tpasmalltpasmall Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
Just passed with an 849! Passing was 825! Didn't think I was going to make it!

That said, I used Laz's course on Udemy, CBT Nuggets, Official Cert Guides and the Exam Cram books. I also used the following sites to lab: Free Cisco Catalyst Switch Lab and CCNA Routing & Switching Lab Workbook | Free CCNA Workbook

This site was also super helpful for subnet practicing: IP Subnet Practice

All in all, this test was a beast. It made taking Security+ feel like a first grade math test. Glad it's over with.

On to GCIH!

Comments

• Options
    DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
  • Options
    greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    icon_cheers.gificon_thumright.gif
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • Options
    JameswebJamesweb Member Posts: 144
    That is really fantastic!! Great job on your pass! I know you are super happy right now.
    Currently working on CCENT/CCNA and CAPM
  • Options
    NansNans Member Posts: 160
    COngratulations Buddy.. Did you buy any practice tests..!!
    2016 Certification Goals: CCNP Route /COLOR][B][/B][I][B]X[/B][/I][COLOR=#008000-->Switch/COLOR]:study:[COLOR=#ff8c00-->TShoot[], CCDP []
  • Options
    Nope, I take all the questions in the exam books and make them into multi-choice flashcards in Anki. I figure if I'm going to spend money on a test, I'd rather take the actual test and fail it instead of spend it on a practice test.
  • Options
    volfkhatvolfkhat Member Posts: 1,054 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Sweeet :]

About how many months did it take you (start to fin)?
  • Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    SimridSimrid Member Posts: 327
    Woo, grats
    Network Engineer | London, UK | Currently working on: CCIE Routing & Switching

sriddle.co.uk
    uk.linkedin.com/in/simonriddle
  • Options
    alias454alias454 Member Posts: 648 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good job, It is a beast.
    “I do not seek answers, but rather to understand the question.”
  • Options
    koz24koz24 Member Posts: 766 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! Its a good feeling
  • Options
    phantasmphantasm Member Posts: 995
    Congratulations!! Passing is an 825 now? Wow.
    "No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man." -Heraclitus
  • Options
    ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    thatguyftwthatguyftw Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on passing!
    Seeking a career change from International Development to Network Engineering
    Current goals: Security+ [], CCENT [], CCNA, [], CCNA: Security []
  • Options
    ansel1261ansel1261 Member Posts: 24 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    Gpdriver17Gpdriver17 Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!!! How was it compared to the 100-101? Not asking specifics, just overall difficulty.
  • Options
    danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! I can imagine, the full CCNA exam has always been a beast. But I'd rather tackle that one exam than the two.
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
  • Options
    gncsmithgncsmith Member Posts: 459 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Which course did you like the most? Laz or CBT Nuggets?
  • Options
    Brain-DBrain-D Member Posts: 134
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    gncsmith wrote: »
    Congrats! Which course did you like the most? Laz or CBT Nuggets?

Laz was more entertaining, CBT was more informational, so its hard to say. I think CBT Nuggets will get you further, but Laz brings you that last step.
  • Options
    Gpdriver17 wrote: »
    Congrats!!! How was it compared to the 100-101? Not asking specifics, just overall difficulty.

Didn't take the 100-101, only took the 200-120.
  • Options
    jones551jones551 Member Posts: 154 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    User2097User2097 Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    congrats!
    Cert Goals: CISSP-ISSAP (May 2016) | CISM (2016) | GSEC (2016) | OSCP (2017)
    College: MBA Project Management (2012) | Bachelors IT Management (2010)
    Experience: Cyber Security, Information Assurance, and IT Management Officer
  • Options
    popquizkid95popquizkid95 Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
    tpasmall wrote: »
    This site was also super helpful for subnet practicing: IP Subnet Practice

Nice site. I'm able to solve all problems generated in about 30 seconds. Do you think this will be enough for the test, or should I be using other resources for subnet practice?
  • Options
    popquizkid95popquizkid95 Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Nice site. I'm able to solve all problems generated in about 30 seconds. Do you think this will be enough for the test, or should I be using other resources for subnet practice?

Bump - Will those type of questions suffice for exam readiness? Or will I need to be proficient with more challenging questions, such as ones found at subnettingquestions.com
  • Options
    CIPHERSTONECIPHERSTONE Member Posts: 30 ■□□□□□□□□□