Bare minimum to pass PMP?

What are the bare minimum materials needed to pass the PMP?

Comments

• wd40wd40 Member Posts: 1,017 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You should read the handbook:
    it is 45 Pages, I did not read it (because I am not interested in PMP at the moment)

Project Management Professional Certification | PMP
  • OctalDumpOctalDump Member Posts: 1,722
    There is an experience and education requirement for PMP also.

You could satisfy the project management education by doing an approved 'bootcamp', which would also prepare you for the exam specifically. If you have the 4,500 to 7,500 hours, and have used a framework based on PMBOK, then it shouldn't be too hard.
    Prerequisites
    • Secondary degree (high school diploma, associate’s degree or the global equivalent)
    • 7,500 hours leading and directing projects
    • 35 hours of project management education
    or
    • Four-year degree
    • 4,500 hours leading and directing projects
    • 35 hours of project management education
    2017 Goals - Something Cisco, Something Linux, Agile PM
  • techtiatechtia Member Posts: 144
    I have already visited the website prior to the thread. I meant to ask what is the minimum study materials needed to pass. I want to rely on a single book or two. Thanks
  • datacombossdatacomboss Member Posts: 304 ■■■□□□□□□□
    techtia wrote: »
    I have already visited the website prior to the thread. I meant to ask what is the minimum study materials needed to pass. I want to rely on a single book or two. Thanks

Pass your PMP Exam!
    "If I were to say, 'God, why me?' about the bad things, then I should have said, 'God, why me?' about the good things that happened in my life."

Arthur Ashe

• OctalDumpOctalDump Member Posts: 1,722
    PMBOK It's boring and tedious, but has everything you need to know. What might be more minimal than that really depends on what background you are bringing to it.
    2017 Goals - Something Cisco, Something Linux, Agile PM
  • datacombossdatacomboss Member Posts: 304 ■■■□□□□□□□
    OctalDump wrote: »
    PMBOK It's boring and tedious, but has everything you need to know. What might be more minimal than that really depends on what background you are bringing to it.

It's not really necessary to pass the exam. Head First PMP is a much easier read.
    "If I were to say, 'God, why me?' about the bad things, then I should have said, 'God, why me?' about the good things that happened in my life."

Arthur Ashe