A+ mike meyers 9th edition . How to study it?

mustafa86mmustafa86m Banned Posts: 24 ■■■□□□□□□□
I have bought the 9th edition for Mike Meyers book all in one.
I just wonder what chapters should I read for 901 and what chapters for 102 . are the chapters are mixed or how do you prefer to read this book?

I really don't know how to start with it. Please if someone has an idea of how to read for the first exam or , how to use this book I will really appreciate your respond .

Thank you guys for your help.

Comments

• techtiatechtia Member Posts: 144
    I would read the entire book before taking either exams. Locate the objectives on the CompTIA website they will tell you difference between first and second part. Also shouldn't the book tell you in the introduction or beginning of the book how to use the book?

I would start reading the whole book
  • G.O.A.TG.O.A.T Member Posts: 138
    Not surprised by your question as I too am wondering how to use this book..I am going to read the whole book then I belive somewhere towards the back of the book it highlights every A+ objective and references the page that covers it. Im reading the whole book then going back and taking notes.
  • LeeSwanLeeSwan Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I was in the same position when taking the 800 series, this is what i did:

1. Read the book from front to back, usually a chapter at a time
    2. Printed off the CompTIA 801/802 objectives
    3. Started watching the Professor Messer videos and making notes on each objective while looking through the book for more detailed information.
    4. Did a few practice exams to check my knowledge
    5. Made flash cards of the subjects i was struggling on
    6. More Practice exams from boson etc
    7. Booked 801 Exam
    8. Repeated steps 3-7 for the 802

I also had simulations from Boson included so used them too for both exams

Good luck
  • Russ5813Russ5813 Member Posts: 123 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Meyers himself usually recommends reading his books like you would a novel the first time through, then going back and working through it like an actual workbook-- taking notes, highlighting, making flashcards, etc... That's what I'm doing for his Net+ book. Also, printing the objectives is a helpful way to track your progress.
  • G.O.A.TG.O.A.T Member Posts: 138
    Thanks for the useful tips guys Im going to use your strategies
  • mustafa86mmustafa86m Banned Posts: 24 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thank you guys for your advice . appreciate it :))