Options

what next/what order should i take these in - help

knewboldknewbold Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi
firstly a tiny bit of background
i have 15 years experience in support/server admin from first line through to 3rd in mainly windows technologies.

i have had a lot of time off recently due to ankle problems and i wanted to brush up my skillset, i got a rather unbelievably priced deal which involved all of the below courses, with unlimited retakes....its self study which i hate but i have a lot of time on my hands as i cant really walk at the moment.

i currently have a few MS certs, as well as Security plus and CEH

i really have no preference which way i should go, but i havent really studied the value as i intend taking the lot
same as prerequisites, i have the experience apart from cisco, which i am tempted to start with

Comptia N+ (i see it as not worth my time at the moment)
Cisco CCNA
Cisco CCNA Security
ISC2 CISSP
ISC2 CSSLP
ISC2 SSCP
Comptia CASP
ISACA CISM
ISACA CISA

what route should i take??

right heres the list, what next and what order please

Comments

• Options
    636-555-3226636-555-3226 Member Posts: 975 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I'd break the Cisco stuff out separately and either focus on pure security or pure network. Might be an easier flow that way.

I'd also skip the SSCP if you meet the CISSP prereqs. CSSLP will be OK in terms of expanding your knowledge regarding the topic, but you won't see it on resumes and it won't have a ton of real life value if you aren't directly working with securing software apps

otherwise, in terms of security, i'd recommend:

CASP
    CISSP
    CISA
    CISM

Maybe focus on the technical CCNA stuff either immediately before or immediately after that list?