ITIL MALC case study

mikrussomikrusso Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,
one doubt:

the MALC case study is always the same for every exam?

I mean is it the Bank one, that you can find in Axelos Sample?

Thanks,
Michele

Comments

• UncleBUncleB Member Posts: 417
    Yes - the exam has additional information to add to the case study to make it a bit more challenging, but it uses the same case study.
    You need to know it inside out and upside down and think through all the ways this interfaces with all phases of the lifecycle.
    Good luck.
    Iain
  • mikrussomikrusso Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • csahacsaha Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Just to clarify - the exam uses the same case study as a starting point then given and additional file to read through that goes into more detail on an particular scenario or aspect of the bank and this forms the basis of the questions.

The original case study is available inside the exam should you need to refer back to it (time is likely to be tight which is why I recommend you know it off by heart before taking the exam), as is the new, bank-related case study material they add.

Other than this it is the same as all the other ITIL management exams although you do need to look at the questions in a less specific way than before (eg in the strategy exam you would probably not select CSI related answers) - you are now looking at this from a higher level so use what you learn from they sample exams to adjust your focus to the sort of answers that are preferred.

thanks
    Iain
  • Daguerre101Daguerre101 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi
    I am almost done for my preparation for the MALC course. I found this thread and I am very curious. If I understand correctly, I can download the case study BEFORE the exam and read it? If yes how can I find the bank scenario? I have been on the Axelos website and I was not able to find it. I did all my courses online so I never had a trainer to explain me major things like that! Could you tell me where I can find the original case study that will be on the exam.
    Thank you for your help.
    have a great day
    Dag
    Your training provider should provide it to you as part of the training course - this should include the 2 test exams and 2 explanation PDFs as well. This material is produced by Axelos for the trainers to circulate to students and I don't think it is published to the public.
    Give then a nudge as they also need to provide proof of you having taken the course before you can even book the exam.
    Iain
  • csahacsaha Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi
    I am almost done for my preparation for the MALC course. I found this thread and I am very curious. If I understand correctly, I can download the case study BEFORE the exam and read it? If yes how can I find the bank scenario? I have been on the Axelos website and I was not able to find it. I did all my courses online so I never had a trainer to explain me major things like that! Could you tell me where I can find the original case study that will be on the exam.
    Thank you for your help.
    have a great day
    Dag

Yes, you can ...