Options

CBT Nuggets

kp10tangkp10tang Member Posts: 30 ■□□□□□□□□□
trying to study Cisco nexus switch and ASA. Also want to learn Visio. I need to learn how to use GNS3 and Wireshark.
Also want to do some Cisco lab.
Is CBT Nuggets worth it to purchase a year subscription?

Comments

• Options
    MitechniqMitechniq Member Posts: 286 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Does CBT Nuggets manage to meet all your training objectives yes:

CCNA SEC
    CCNP SEC

CCNA DC
    CCNP DC

GNS3 Fundamentals, with ASA

CCNA Labs Using Wireshark

MS Visio 2013

Some of these courses haven't been refreshed in 1-2 years so the information can be somewhat outdated. However, if you goal is to train and you are planning to take each of these courses in a years time - I would say CBTNuggets is worth it. As most of us here acknowledge, there is no one-step solution to passing a certification. So if you plan on sitting for any of the associated exams, you will need more than CBTNuggets to pass.
  • Options
    ericjohnson22ericjohnson22 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi

CBT Nuggets is one of, if not the best, video training out there. It is however very expensive $1000 for the year. I have used CBT nuggets for my CCNA and the quality and instructions was great. My employer paid for the account. I am on the fence about if I would purchase it my self or use one of the cheaper options out there.

Eric
  • Options
    tbgree00tbgree00 Member Posts: 553 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Look at pluralsight too. I was a cbtnuggets guy and love Jeremy as a trainer but Pluralsight has all the trainsignal stuff and cost 299/year or 30/month. It's worth doing the free trial of both and deciding which you want.
    I finally started that blog - www.thomgreene.com
  • Options
    MooseboostMooseboost Member Posts: 778 ■■■■□□□□□□
    If you can afford it, Nuggets is a great training provider. Some of their stuff can get a bit dry, depending on who is doing the material. Keith is absolutely awesome though.
  • Options
    TacoRocketTacoRocket Member Posts: 497 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Don't forget INE!

Great material
    These articles and posts are my own opinion and do not reflect the view of my employer.

Website gave me error for signature, check out what I've done here: https://pwningroot.com/
  • Options
    MooseboostMooseboost Member Posts: 778 ■■■■□□□□□□
    TacoRocket wrote: »
    Don't forget INE!

Great material

I haven't seen their CCNA material, but their CCNP material is really good.