SSCP practice tests

mivmannmivmann Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
Has anyone used the SSCP practice tests at cccure.org? I would like to know how usefull these practice tests at cccure.org are.

I have just ordered the Wiley SSCP Prep Guide and I allready have the All-in-one CISSP exam guide and the Official ISC2 CISSP exam guide. Im planning to take the exam early next year. Im sure that i have the SSCP objectives covered by the above, but need some good practice tests. Any suggestions?

Comments

• keatronkeatron Member Posts: 1,213 ■■■■■■□□□□
    mivmann wrote:
    Has anyone used the SSCP practice tests at cccure.org? I would like to know how usefull these practice tests at cccure.org are.

I have just ordered the Wiley SSCP Prep Guide and I allready have the All-in-one CISSP exam guide and the Official ISC2 CISSP exam guide. Im planning to take the exam early next year. Im sure that i have the SSCP objectives covered by the above, but need some good practice tests. Any suggestions?

The practice tests at cccure are good for gauging where you are what you need to brush up on. You'll probably get just as good a gauge using the ones here. Plus you'll have us to help you with any questions you might have about the one's here.

Go right here and get started. http://www.techexams.net/isc2/exams/start.php?exam=sscp

Keatron
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    There are also the SRV SSCP examination textbooks. I'm planning on taking the SSCP next year too, but I haven't bought these books yet because I was hoping for a new edition to be released. I'll email SRV Books and check on this.

https://www.srvbooks.com/sscp_exam.htm
  • mivmannmivmann Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for your help guys

The SRV SSCP examination textbooks seems like good way to tests your knowledge, im just afraid that they are not up-to-date. Please give us an update on whether they plan on releasing a new edition.
    Will do. The absolute latest reference for the SSCP will be Official (ISC)2 Guide to the SSCP CBK by Contesti, Andre, et al. I thought Amazon.com had listed a December 2006 publishers release date for this book, but I don't see any release date for it now.

http://www.amazon.com/Official-ISC-Guide-SSCP-CBK/dp/0849327741/sr=8-3/qid=1160060838/ref=pd_bbs_3/002-4960414-0945668?ie=UTF8&s=books
  • keatronkeatron Member Posts: 1,213 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Keep in mind to guys that the official guides are not intended to be a single source (CISSP and SSCP included). They are meant to guide you as far as knowing what to study and the kind of content you can expect....kinda. icon_wink.gif
    SRV Book replied to me that they will not be updating their SSCP Exam Textbooks (dated February 2002) because the demand for them is very low.
  • mivmannmivmann Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Allright - thanks for your research. I guess i'll have to stick with the practice test here and what i can find on the internet. Is there any practice tests included in the SSCP Prep guide?
  • Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691
    jdmurray wrote:
    SRV Book replied to me that they will not be updating their SSCP Exam Textbooks (dated February 2002) because the demand for them is very low.

When I took this exam, I used the SRV books... they are pretty good. I also used what Security+ material I had. The SSCP is just the Security+ on steroids.
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA