Suggestion for CCure

senjeysenjey Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi All,
I am planning to get CCcure subscribtion. What was/is your study plan with Ccure.
Do you study by domain and take 50 to 100 questions each day?
How many day do you take for each domain.
How many days will it take to complete 4000 questions in CCcure if we spend 3 hrs daily.
What mode do you take test.
Do you let the questions repeat
Any other suggestions is much appreciated.

Sorry they are very basic questions but I will try to plan before I start.

Comments

• tedjamestedjames Member Posts: 1,179 ■■■■■■■■□□
    In preparing for the SSCP exam, I studied by domain. I made sure that I was confident on one domain before starting the next. Don't limit yourself to a specific number of days. Take as long as you need to finish each domain.

You should download the exam objectives and then break those down by domain and use that your study plan.
  • impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I used CCcure and and Transcender, I felt Transcender helped me more and the question were more realistic and aligned with the exam. Normally I take between 10 and 20 when I am reading the chapters and increasing slowly without checking the answers until I reach the 250 questions.
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• senjeysenjey Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you both of you
  • SeabSeab Member Posts: 127
    Hi,

Similar situation for me. I started CCCure about a week ago.

At the moment I do about 25 questions per day minimum, just to keep things fresh.
    I am reading chapters from Sybex 2015, taking notes/doing summaries, then taking about 100+ on specific subject. Ex : Crypto, or BCP/DRP. I am studying by subjects at the moment, it gives me a new look on the domains, and makes it more interesting. I will eventually do a few 250 questions tests with cccure, trying to simulate an exam a few times. Probably about 3 times in the next weeks.

I don't really aim at doing all the questions, but understanding when I am wrong. I would suggest using the study mode, and afterward you can create a new test, in test mode, only with wrong answers from previous test. It's probably one of the best feature from cccure that is not available with Sybex and Shon Harris Q.

I also did a few hundreds of Sybex questions. I think they are more difficult, more up to date, specific to 2015, but, I was not as advanced in my study as now when doing those.
    I did a few hundreds of Shon Harris questions when started to study for cissp. They are good to begin with, but I prefer cccure and Sybex.

Good luck!
  • kiki162kiki162 Member Posts: 635 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Yeah I used CCCure for the SSCP and CISSP. For the SSCP all you really need is the engine within the book. For the CISSP I used Transcender, as I though it was a little more realistic and aligned with the exam. The problem I saw with CCCure is that you started seeing a lot of the same questions, but it was good for getting me mentally prepared to take 125 and 250 questions.
  • coffeeisgoodcoffeeisgood Member Posts: 136 ■■■□□□□□□□
    reallly Transcenter over CCCure?

I have not bit the bullet yet on one or the other but was only going to use one... (& was going to pick CCCure)
  • IaHawkIaHawk Member Posts: 188 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I just started CCCure this week and it's pretty good. I can see where it goes further in detail then what I have heard the actual test is.
  • senjeysenjey Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□