CISSP Practice Exams

titsmcgeetitsmcgee Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello everyone.

I am on a fast track to do my CISSP. Two weeks in and i'm about to finish the official ISC2 study guide book. After this i'm going to read the Eleventh Hour, do practice questions then take the exam. Most of the stuff i'm already familiar with since I have worked at small companies I have always had a role of doing pretty much everything IT/Security related and reading the study guide just reassured me.

I heard from someone that he had many questions that were not in any books in the exam, I have this Wiley CISSP Practice 2250 questions book from Vallabhaneni and I just opened up the first domain and none of these questions were ever explained in the book. For example

1. For intrusion detection and prevention system capabilities, stateful protocol analysis uses which of the following?
1. Blacklists
2. Whitelists
3. Threshold
4. Program code viewing

Program code viewing is never mentioned in the book. I searched it, nowhere to be found.

4. In electronic authentication, which of the following provides the authenticated information to the relying party for making access control decisions?
a. Claimant/subscriber
b. Applicant/subscriber
c. Verifier/claimant
d. Verifier/credential service provider

Subscriber is never mentioned in terms of authentication, my search only finds subscriber being mentioned with regards to other technologies. Claimant is only used once in the book as a legal term. Credential service provider is nowhere to be found.

3. In the electronic authentication process, who performs the identity proofing?
a. Subscriber
b. Registration authority
c. Applicant
d. Credential service provider

Searching Registration Authority is nowhere to be found in this book.

Those are just a few examples. The study guide did not go into detail about electronic authentication, the whole exam is supposed to be an inch deep and a mile wide so it never articulated on certain topics. I have not gone through the rest of these study questions, but already i'm seeing red flags. Is this practice exam just bunk? From what I have read on this forum the exam is pretty straight forward. That being said, i'm not saying these questions are difficult, I answered them correctly, but I never recall reading any of this in the Official ISC2 book, and it's all very fresh on my mind since I just began reading it two weeks ago.

If so, any suggestions on what exam cram questions I should buy/download?

Thanks!

Comments

• cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    I can't speak to the quality of that particular book as I didn't use it, but I think you are making a serious mistake by trying to circumscribe the CBK to one specific book. The OIG, in particular the latest edition, has some of the worst review I've seen for a CISSP book. I suggest checking the "Passed CISSP" threads to see what others who have recently passed used.
  • titsmcgeetitsmcgee Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    I can't speak to the quality of that particular book as I didn't use it, but I think you are making a serious mistake by trying to circumscribe the CBK to one specific book. The OIG, in particular the latest edition, has some of the worst review I've seen for a CISSP book. I suggest checking the "Passed CISSP" threads to see what others who have recently passed used.

What is the OIG? The book I am reading is this

CISSP (ISC)2 Certified Information Systems Security Professional Official Study Guide: 9781119042716: Computer Science Books @ Amazon.com
    I'm not sure what the OIG is, but the book I am reading is the Sybex 7th edition and based off of the "passed CISSP" threads everyone says that the Sybex + CCCure exam questions were enough to pass.
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Got it. Thought you meant this book.
    For a second there you had me question the last two weeks of my life icon_lol.gif

Also, I just saw this $9.99 official app from the creators of the Sybex book on the iOS store. Anyone tried that and compared it to CCCure?
  • coffeeisgoodcoffeeisgood Member Posts: 136 ■■■□□□□□□□
    titsmcgee wrote: »
    For a second there you had me question the last two weeks of my life icon_lol.gif

Also, I just saw this $9.99 official app from the creators of the Sybex book on the iOS store. Anyone tried that and compared it to CCCure?

I have that official iOS app. It is just the same questions / flashcards from inside the Sybex 7th edition book. Nice to have I guess if you want it on your iPhone with the answer at your fingertip (without a book flip)

It would have been a nice touch if they at least randomize the questions &/or answer order (a,b,c,d) but sadly they did not....
    I