Options

[BEGINNERS] - The Hitchhikers Guide To Network+

renato_gambahrenato_gambah Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
'sup yall,

I've been willing to get cert over a plenty amount of time but never in fact did get started. I've been working with IT for 4 years now and I've had some hefty start working for a big IT/TV company. After a few contracts, my carrer and skills stalled. In the past year I've enrolled myself into college education.

I want to start transitioning into infosec and I've decided Network+ is the best vendor neutral way to go. I've also started learning by myself because I have a full time job at bussiness hours and take college classes at night. Because of shitty public transit (I live in Brazil), I get home by 1:00 a.m. and have to be up by 5:30 a.m. leaving me with a hectic study schedule. icon_sad.gif

I'd REALLY like your best advices when it comes to getting certified.

What a first timer should face when conditioning himself for such an exam? How does one manage such a hectic schedule? What is your source material? What piece of advice do you have to offer to me?

I'm studying by Michael Meyer's All-In-One CompTIA Exam Guide: Exam N10-006 for some time now.

Any comment is appreciated!

Comments

• Options
    NetworkLOLNetworkLOL Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Bump for answers.
  • Options
    dcarey4698dcarey4698 Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Listening to audio and video bits is helpful to me. Play these things in the background while you're doing other things (walking to and from classes, riding the transit, etc.). CBT Nuggets (https://www.cbtnuggets.com) is a great certification training site in my opinion. They have tons of videos and things that will help you remember some objectives for the cert. I believe they offer a free trial, but after that you'll have to pay for it. But, if you plan on taking quite a few certs then it'll be well worth it for sure. Good luck!
  • Options
    rj1790rj1790 Member Posts: 110 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I am currently using Mike Myers Udemy course and its amazing!
    WGU: Network Operations and Security - COMPLETED
    Current Certifications: A+, N+, S+, CCNA R+S, and CCNA Security, CCDA
  • Options
    jws86jws86 Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    2nd the Mike Meyers Udemy courses. Very cheap too. I paid $15 for the whole course. I think it is up to $24 now.
    Currently studying for CCNA R&S
  • Options
    stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Check out the Professor Messer videos and the Cybrary.it materials. They have mp3 at the Cybrary site that you can download and listen to on your ride to and from work/school.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me