Options

Thoughts on Certmaster?

Infosec85Infosec85 Member Posts: 192 ■■■□□□□□□□
Well I purchased my voucher today and went with the deluxe Bundle which includes Certmaster.

I've done about 30 mins of it just, the questions are very short, not very confusing either and some seem irrelevant to Security+ odjectives.

Anyway, I'll get to the point. Have many of you fine people used Certmaster and if so... was it helpful or useful for the exam?

As I've mentioned I've completed one of the odjectives and I am not sold.

Comments

• Options
    FSF150FSF150 Member Posts: 119 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Did the same today. Will be following this thread with interest.

Good luck to you! I'm using Cybrary and Professor Messer's notes. I recently completed ISACA's cybersecurity fundamentals and believe that much of the study material overlaps. Security+ seems to get in the trenches a bit more, though.
    First we drink the coffee. Then we do the things. :neutral:
  • Options
    gunther123gunther123 Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just went through the Certmaster. I have not taken the exam yet but I have gone through Darril's GCGA book and his practice exams. I have also gone through every practice exam online that I could find. What I have learned through this process is that each source will eventually focus on an obscure piece of information that doesn't seem to be covered by any of the others. Each time I do this, I pick up a little more info and narrow down the scope of areas that I don't know.

I went through the Certmaster material over the last couple of days, so I feel that my knowledge was pretty solid but even so, I found that I missed about 10-20% of the questions in each section. But looking at the questions I missed, I feel that the questions or answers were fairly obscure and some I felt were incorrect or had some sort of error. But some were genuinely new information that I had not covered before.

Overall, I would say the Certmaster is a good refresher to go through just before taking the exam but I don't think you would be able to "learn" from the Certmaster explanations for the answers. Especially that most of the answers don't go into enough detail on why the answer is "best" or why the others are less correct.

Anyway, my 2 cents.