CCC vs Transcender CISSP

misthemisthe Member Posts: 26 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi all,

I tried to search on the forum for this simple overview between these two test engines but i didn't find something interesting.
So i would like your opinion as I' m ready to buy some between these two.

Which one do you think is more close to this exam?

Which mode should I buy? (3, 6 month, 1year, cd-rom)

Thanks

Comments

• mkohimkohi Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Transcender a 100%, why? because I've looked at TONS of passed posts here and they say it's the closest to the exam. It's a bit expensive but you get what you paid for. I'm using my Sybex Official Study guide quizzes and exams as well.
  • gespensterngespenstern Member Posts: 1,243 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I used both in recent years and would advise against transcender, as usual. They have questions that have incorrect answers, often lack meaningful explanations and don't respond to e-mails asking to either clarify or fix the issue. Clement Dupuis on the other hand is responsive, CCCure questions are probably even more difficult than the ones you will eventually get on the exam, although many of the questions are probably too technical.
  • misthemisthe Member Posts: 26 ■■■□□□□□□□
    We probably talking for the below links
    CCCure
    https://www.freepracticetests.org/quiz/index.php?page=register
    Trancender
    https://www.transcender.com/certprep/isc2/cissp.kap

So we are not discussing only for Dollar based option but mostly for qualitative choice :) and i started to confused.
  • joshmadakorjoshmadakor Member Posts: 495 ■■■■□□□□□□
    misthe wrote: »
    Hi all,

I tried to search on the forum for this simple overview between these two test engines but i didn't find something interesting.
    So i would like your opinion as I' m ready to buy some between these two.

Which one do you think is more close to this exam?

Which mode should I buy? (3, 6 month, 1year, cd-rom)

Thanks

If you have the dollars, get both.
    If you don't have the dollars, or only want to get one, get CCCure.

I have used the heck out of both of them, both the 2012 and 2015 versions and while they are both good, CCCure matches the real exam more closely.

In fact, I made a post about this!
    WGU B.S. Information Technology (Completed January 2013)
  • mmmike999mmmike999 Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Greetings guys, I just passed the exam. Let me give my take on this. I have all three search engines

Sybex - Poor user interface, doesn't track your results. Solid questions especially on the practice exams but only a brief explanation on why the answer is right.. nothing on the wrong answers

CCC - Nice user interface, tracks your question. Solid gives detailed explanations for right and wrong answers

Transcender - Professional interface has the exam feel. Solid questions but some chapters go into too much technical detail or US regulations that do not necessarily apply to the test especially the networking and encryption chapters. But it is still solid if you can figure which questions apply.

Overall, I think any of these work. I would actually get two if you can afford. All the test engines ask questions in a different style, so you can be ready for anything that would come your way
  • bpennbpenn Member Posts: 499
    I purchased the Transcender questions before the 2015 syllabus update and they were fantastic. Its not so much they are like the real exam but more just helping get a feel for answering scenario based questions. I think they give you around 1100 questions. I would attempt each question and made sure that I understood why the answer was right and why each answer was wrong for each of them. That REALLY helped me nail the concepts and build off the foundation of knowledge I accumulated by reading the text.

I had a good experience with Transcender but I cannot vouch for the 2015 CISSP update since I took the exam before that.
    "If your dreams dont scare you - they ain't big enough" - Life of Dillon
    Ok thank you guys, I'll probably proceed with the trancender, it seems that it gains the votes from most of you on this forum.
    In the end if I' m not very happy after that i may proceed with another investment on CCCure (it will not make sense another 50 dol on the ~180 of trancender :)
  • coffeeisgoodcoffeeisgood Member Posts: 136 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I went with CCCure & have already went threw 300 of their 1800+ questions

so far I am happy & enjoy the explanations of right/wrong answers
    it would be nice update if CCCure sourced the new Sybex 7th (it often references the 4th edition) but whatever

I haven't actually taken the exam yet but keep hearing over & over... understand the concepts, not memorization

that said, the Sybex 7th edition has some nice written labs at the end of each chapter. good for some "concepts"
    It has two options on their site which CCCure you bought? Probably the first one should be the latest.

1. CISSP Scenario Based Questions Combo Part 1 and Part 2 (All 10 domains)
    2. CCCure Quiz Engine License for a single user
  • coffeeisgoodcoffeeisgood Member Posts: 136 ■■■□□□□□□□
    misthe wrote: »
    It has two options on their site which CCCure you bought? Probably the first one should be the latest.

1. CISSP Scenario Based Questions Combo Part 1 and Part 2 (All 10 domains)
    2. CCCure Quiz Engine License for a single user

I did the CCCure quiz license for a single user... oddly, I did not see the 1st/ other one?

this is the one:
    https://www.freepracticetests.org

so far so good... right/wrong answers explanations is very educational
    I like their concept of their test engine (history, grading, choices of how to quiz/certain domains levels of questions, etc.) even though the interface is not that polished, the material is good.
    I just purchase the Trancender as i have said. There is only one thing right now that makes me anger and this has to do with the reference that it has for the questions.
    The explanations seems nice but when it redirects you for references only to "AIO" or "CISSP cert guide"
    So it forces you with one or the other way to avoid using Sybex.
    That is sad that they haven't include as a reference this perfect book right now.
  • mkohimkohi Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Maybe that's a good thing, you can diversify in sort..