Top InfoSec Certs By Job Post

dbailey007dbailey007 Banned Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
I took a look at all the top InfoSec certs on Indeed and here is the top 10 list. No surprise that CISSP dominates.

CISSP 11557
CISA 5675
CISM 3651
CEH 2233
GSEC 1401
GCIH 1297
SSCP 1246
GCIA 726
CASP 718
CRISC 712

Comments

• 636-555-3226636-555-3226 Member Posts: 975 ■■■■■□□□□□
    CEH.....

GSEC is a bit surprising to me considering it's sort of fairly entry-level (as far as SANS/GIAC stuff goes). As a hiring infosec manager who is familiar with most of the GIAC certs, I'd prefer GCIH/GCIA over GSEC in terms of real-world skillset usefulness.

I'm really surprised at SSCP. I've never seen that listed on anything in my region, ever.

Shame CRISC is so low. I know it is, and it always has been, rarely asked for, but I still believe it's one of the best certifications out there in terms of real-world infosec usefulness. At the end of the day everything boils down to risk management, after all......

Also surprised Security+ isn't on there. If a job in my region has any preferred certs listed, they're usually Security+, CISSP, or CISM. And yes, I've seen those three listed together on job descriptions more often than I care to comment....

Insightful post, thanks for making it.
  • dbailey007dbailey007 Banned Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Great points! Yes, you are right about Security+. It is probably in the list but the Indeed API doesn't appear to accept the "+" character. It brings back everything with "security" so I'm not sure what the actual number is.
  • diggitlediggitle Member Posts: 118 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm surprised OSCP (484) isn't higher. I'm sure that will change. Along with elearnsecurity certs.
    c colon i net pub dubdubdub root
  • dbailey007dbailey007 Banned Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Agreed. BTW, the top eLearnSecurity cert is eNDP with 50 hits.
  • dustervoicedustervoice Member Posts: 877 ■■■■□□□□□□
    CEH.....

Shame CRISC is so low. I know it is, and it always has been, rarely asked for, but I still believe it's one of the best certifications out there in terms of real-world infosec usefulness. At the end of the day everything boils down to risk management, after all......

Cant agree more with this statement.
  • bubble2005bubble2005 Member Posts: 210 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Security is all about risk management.
    Think Big Stay Focus: In the midst of all situations, think positive.:thumbup:
  • Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,107 ■■■■□□□□□□
    bubble2005 wrote: »
    Security is all about risk management.
    Agree. Now everything is a risk to me including writing this forum post. icon_redface.gif
    I do have a very high risk appetite though. :D