Options

RHCSA after Comptia Linux+??

estipomestipom Member Posts: 22 ■■■□□□□□□□
Any thoughts what would be the best route or to study after passing Comptia Linux+? i want to be more inclined in System Administration. Thanks in advance for the feedback.

Comments

• Options
    OctalDumpOctalDump Member Posts: 1,722
    RHCSA -> RHCE isn't a bad path. It's very hands on, but can be expensive.

There's also certification for SUSE, and Linux Foundation is becoming increasingly popular.

The LPIC path is a bit more academic/theory, so I'd recommend it more as a complement to something like RHCE.

Some else to think about is the AWS path. Cloud is so hot right now, so getting in there is a good move.
    2017 Goals - Something Cisco, Something Linux, Agile PM
  • Options
    indigomx9indigomx9 Member Posts: 32 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I live in the USA, so RHCSA and RHCE is very ideal. My friends in Europe tell me the LPIC has more influence there. I agree with Octaldump, there is a lot of talk about Amazon Web Services (AWS), I'll do that after my Red Hat cert.
  • Options
    VeritiesVerities Member Posts: 1,162
    estipom wrote: »
    Any thoughts what would be the best route or to study after passing Comptia Linux+? i want to be more inclined in System Administration. Thanks in advance for the feedback.

System administration can be very broad.....can you be more specific in what technologies you are interested in?