ECPPT comparing with OSCP

Matx91Matx91 Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
^_^ is ECPPT level can be like OSCP ?

which os ecppt ? i heard that they use old method and they didn't update them

is that right?

Comments

• wd40wd40 Member Posts: 1,017 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You need to know how to do research, read and listen if you want to be a penetration tester! You keep asking questions.

Did you visit www.elearnsecurity.com to look for PTP v3 and download and read the Syllabus?
  • Matx91Matx91 Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    ^_^ first thank you to reply

second i researched before i put my question

i want to know your idea about that :)

because of that they made something called forum

to exchange ideas

regards
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I would google around for comparisons. There are several threads on TechExams comparing the two. OSCP puts emphasis on you learning on your own, eCPPT walks you through the learning process.
    Ok Matx91, which parts of the Syllabus use old methods and are outdated?

I know that this is a Forum ( I have been a member in this forum for 9 years), the point is, if you go back to your other thread (why your OSCP application was rejected) if your communication with them is similar to your writing style in forums then I think they have a point in rejecting your application.

You need to learn how to do proper research and think before you speak, this takes time.
    In a penetration test report you will need to know what to say and what NOT to say. I think you have an issue in that part.

I think the you should start with eJPT to see if you really want to do this thing.
  • Matx91Matx91 Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hh so funny ,, do you want to teach me how to write?

and what to say?

maybe you don't know that i got my CCNA R&S , CCNA security , CCNP Secure & firewall ,, CEH ,

also i'm a network security student and my graduation project was about that

do u think that kids in OSCP better than my proffesors ?

with that funny style of there report

the subject is about ego , no more than that

and let there course for themselves

:) actually the material is available on the cloud

i registered there because of there lab and improve my skills

however , no problem with that i will go to ECPPT

good luck for you
    Matx91 wrote: »
    good luck for you

Exactly, their course their rules! what you think about the rules is not relevant.

If you are still a student, you will learn when you get a job that you MUST follow the organizations rules, don't take it personally, this is how real life works.

Good luck to you too, and may be after passing the eCPPT you can apply for OSCP again and get accepted.

Note:
    I don't want to teach you anything, I have been writing reports for 10+ Years and still take some courses to improve my writing and personal skills.
  • UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    As a student, we don't want to discourage you. Keep your enthusiasm and good luck with your courses.

Both eCPPT and OSCP are great, you won't go wrong with either.

A personal advice though, I would really listen to advice given to your freely by forum members here, as they might have more experience than you (and me), and over the years I found their advice to be invaluable.

Good luck and welcome to the forums.
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Check out my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/DRJic8vCodE 

• Snoopy88Snoopy88 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Matx91 said:
    hh so funny ,, do you want to teach me how to write?

and what to say?

maybe you don't know that i got my CCNA R&S , CCNA security , CCNP Secure & firewall ,, CEH ,

also i'm a network security student and my graduation project was about that

do u think that kids in OSCP better than my proffesors ?

with that funny style of there report

:) actually the material is available on the cloud

i registered there because of there lab and improve my skills

however , no problem with that i will go to ECPPT

good luck for you
    All the certs that you listed can get it from **** easily but you still so proud to show it off ..lol
  • gphilipsgphilips Member Posts: 22 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sigh... OP asks for help, then escalates on what seemed to be legitimate responses. Trollers gonna troll...

In the OFF-chance that the OP is seriously asking... I would chime in to back up everyone who's said both courses are excellent, and to compare the two course syllabi. Both OS and eLearnSecurity provide those openly, and there are specific sections in the PTP course that are not directly covered by OS's syllabus, and vice versa.

It's certainly well documented that eLearn's method of instruction and presentation is different (NOTE - I did not say better or worse), and so naturally people will lean towards or against that methodology based on their own preferences, experience levels, etc.

I did find the PTP course had some very interesting presentations and refresher pointers, as I had rarely touched Ruby (outside of MSF) and the Powershell section was a good, concise refresher. Nothing in those sections can't be obtained by some Google-fu, but I personally appreciated the reviews there.

Flipping it around, I personally like the OS presentation for Buffer Overflow (*ducks the incoming hate about how outdated the BoF is OSCP is*) versus the PTP.

So... ultimately? Look at both syllabi, figure out which provides you the methodology and points of instruction that work for you and your budget, and drive on.