Options

Unable to obtain results from a pen test

JockVSJockJockVSJock Member Posts: 1,118
Within the last few weeks, my department and the department that is above us we're subjected to a unannounced black-box pen test. Once completed, we were told by higher ups in a meeting that my department passed with no issues while the department that is above us had alot of issues.

My manager asked to obtain the results of the pen test, so we could get a better picture to see what was tested, what wasn't tested, and who did the testing.

Without a really good reason, we are told that we can't see the results. I think that is weird.

Has anyone heard this before or a good way to go about obtaining what was tested?
***Freedom of Speech, Just Watch What You Say*** Example, Beware of CompTIA Certs (Deleted From Google Cached)

"Its easier to deceive the masses then to convince the masses that they have been deceived."
-unknown

Comments

• Options
    TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    They should provide you with a report. Usually they give it to management or someone that is authorized. Maybe you are not authorized?
  • Options
    Codeman6669Codeman6669 Member Posts: 227
    your most likely not authorized, or they are not ready to show the results to everyone yet. If they give out every back door and unauthorized access holes to everyone, that only increases the chance of them being used.