Cisco Help!

greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
I have a 2960 x that I just configured. I insert an sfp module and then connect it with a fiber cable to a 3550 fiber switch and nothing happens the fiber port doesn't come up, no link light or anything. I entered the command for service unsupported-transceiver & no errdisable detect cause gbic-invalid just to make sure that wasn't the issue but the issue is still there. AnY HeLp GuYs!?
:
Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.

Comments

• KrekenKreken Member Posts: 284
    Did you do no shut?

Edit: Check polarity and if necessary, swap.
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    no i didn't but I assumed that once the port detects a connection that it would change the state to up on its own
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
    It could be administratively shutdown.
    Try to switch places of send and receive cables.
    I don't think I can I am using an mtrj to lc patch cable.
    :

You can do it on LC connector.
    I am on the phone with Cisco tech support and i think the issue is that we have an spf that is a higher speed than than the 3550 fiber switch we are connect to so it can't negotiate the speed. I think?........
    :

• PristonPriston Member Posts: 999 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Do you know the model of the sfp and gbic your using?
    If the sfp is 1000sx and the gbic is 100fx it won't work.
    A.A.S. in Networking Technologies
    A+, Network+, CCNA
    Priston wrote: »
    Do you know the model of the sfp and gbic your using?
    If the sfp is 1000sx and the gbic is 100fx it won't work.

Thanks Priston Found that out the hard way!
    :