Options

Is the content in MTA Networking Fundamentals 98-366 still relevant or isit outdated?

I want to learn some basic networking and K find following an exam guide and sitting the exam really helps me, I have concerns that technology has advanced so much since this exam came out that its content is no longer relevant but as I know little about networking I am unsure so would like advice.

Many Thanks

Comments

• Options
    FayzFayz Member Posts: 118 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The content is still relevant to today's standards. It covers a lot of the basics from topology to specifics of Twisted Pair wiring standards. If you are looking for more in depth information you are better off taking the Network+ which covers more than the basics that the MTA 98-366 covers.
  • Options
    mgmguy1mgmguy1 Member Posts: 485 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I have read here as well as other places on the internet that MTA 98-366 along with Comptia Network plus and Cisco CCENT have a lot of overlap so it would make sense to get all 3. It's a-lot of foundational knowledge but when has that ever hurt anyone. Plus you get HR love depending who is looking.
    "A lot of fellows nowadays have a B.A., M.D., or Ph.D. Unfortunately, they don't have a J.O.B."

Fats Domino