Options

CCNA Security Simulator / Labs

cabrillo24cabrillo24 Member Posts: 137
Hello. I utilized Wendell Odom's ICND1 network simulator to help me get the "hands on" experience while not spending a fortune on setting up a physical lab. Are there any similar software packages out there like that for the 210-260 route? If I have to buckle down and purchase the equipment off eBay, then I guess I have no choice...but I definitely liked the ICND1 simulator approach to learning commands, troubleshooting and configurations.

Many thanks in advance!
Next Up...
CCNA: Security (210-260)
Date: TBD

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I know there is packet tracker 6.2 that has an ASA but nothing like the Odom labs unfortonately. Make sure when buying lab equipment you have 256/64 routers with IOS 15 best of luck with ccna security.
    Maybe boson has some practice labs for ccna security.
  • Options
    KrekenKreken Member Posts: 284
    Why not use GNS3 simulator?
  • Options
    BL0NDIEBL0NDIE Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    BobbyDCBobbyDC Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm also working on the CCNA:Sec and I really wanted to click that link till I saw the amount of post you have. :/
  • Options
    BL0NDIEBL0NDIE Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Don't worry be happy everything's gonna be alright... dude i just want to help.
  • Options
    JamesKurtovichJamesKurtovich Member Posts: 195
    The Boson tests provide a few ASDM sims that function similarly to those on the exam.
  • Options
    sidninjasidninja Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    im finding it hard to find labs as well. as it seem it is only for ccna r&s there are an abundant of labs. so im just doing what i can with packet tracer and watching videos about the asdm and just do it that way sadly..
    Always keep learning and have a positive attitude - never be rude or insulting and you will be blessed.
    Have faith in God and you can't go wrong.
    Connect with me on LinkedIn if you want - https://www.linkedin.com/in/sidbloodsaw/
    :cool: