CEH - Am i ready?

JaviDRJaviDR Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi

I have done skillset exams and i have an average score of 74% in nearly 6000 questions

I have also done sucessfully the EC Council assestment (really easy, i know) with over 90%

On the same hand, i have a 312-50 sample exam and i have also passed it confortably

Would you say i am ready to take the CEH? If not, what else could i do?

Thanks

Comments

• danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    What is the 312-50 sample exam? Did you read any books or go over the official ec-council courseware?
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
  • JaviDRJaviDR Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I found an exam for 312-50 (CEH certification)

I have read the official book, i have done cybrary video course, and read extra documentation about each of the topics, but... how could i know if it is enough?
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Still doesn't answer the question. Not all practice exams are the same. Is it from Boson, Go Certify, Ec-Council, some random site, etc.? Also, what is your experience with the topics covered?
    Hi

I havent done the official EC course. I have read the official book

The exam i am referring to is http://www.thelonecoder.com/pdfs/CEH-practise-312-50.pdf

It is from EC Council

Regarding experience, i work on that on a daily basis

Thanks
  • NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    JaviDR wrote: »
    Regarding experience, i work on that on a daily basis

Does that mean your pen tester already?

Doesn't really matter though, even if you took a practice exam a few times and passed every time, I don't think I would ever trust a random person over the internet to judge how well I know all topics on an exam. If someone asked you about each of the topics on the exam could you explain it to them and show them how to use it? If so, your probably ready.
    I work as a pen tester at the moment, yes, but i want to take the certification on top of that

My question is more focused on how similar are skillset questions, EC book, etc... to the official exam

Thanks
    As I suspected, that is a ****. Before I say anything else, do you know what those actually are?
    No... what are those?
    Basically stolen intellectual property of the exam vendor. It's use could get your certification revoked and you could be banned form taking any tests with them. This community does not condone its use (actually, we get out pitch forks and stuff). You can read more here:

Microsoft cracks down on certification exam cheating | Network World
    What's The Big Deal with 'Brain ****'?
    Didnt know that... i will delete it now then

I was thinking the other way around. In this exam there are repeated questions, and seems easy... in fact, most of the questions are in skillset too, so i wonder if it was a fake exam

It is a file created on 2004, so it has probably changed a lot since then, but, anyway, with that in hand, i will remove it

After this unfortunate event.... what else would you recommend to practise to be ready to CEH?

Thanks
  • 636-555-3226636-555-3226 Member Posts: 975 ■■■■■□□□□□
    If you have to ask if you're ready, then you aren't ready. You'll never be 100% ready, but when can take a deep breath, look at yourself in the mirror, and say "I can study this for another 40 hours but I won't really learn that much more to make it worth 40 hours of my life" then you know you're ready. Once you hit that point where the extra work doesn't give you any extra knowledge, it's time to bust a move.