Passed 70-687 !!!

culpanoculpano Member Posts: 163
To say I'm elated is an understatement. I have studied to the point of mental exhaustion for the last two and a half months and even today I thought it was all beyond me.

It's so stressful sitting in front of that screen dreading what horrible questions are coming up. I have to say CBT Nuggets and labbing the stuff pays dividends.

I spent far too much time trying to dig too much into Technet but it's good to dip into the overviews for each area. Also spend too much time stressing over 100s of Powershell commands.

Hope I can manage 70-688 before end November but I feel more confident now.

Cheers for the support - it's good to know there are lots of people on here going through the same challenges to get these exams.

My first Microsoft exam for 16 years ! Now off for 36 hours sleep....

Comments

• mancmanc Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Well done culpano!!! I am pleased for you.

Much like yourself I reentered IT exams after 10years and sat my first MS exam a couple of months back (as you already know), its a great feeling to pass exam an exam like 70-687 as you prove to yourself you still have it, and you realize its not an impossible task that it can sometimes be made out to be.

icon_thumright.gif
  • culpanoculpano Member Posts: 163
    Cheers manc. I don't feel as much under pressure to get 70-688 to be honest now as I can stick MCP on my CV LinkedIn. I may be doing Windows 7 70-680 next then start on Windows 10 when there is some material out their. CBT Nuggets have a Win 10 course in progress as we speak.
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • culpanoculpano Member Posts: 163
  • EdwinMobileEdwinMobile Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Looking to do 70-687. I have used:
    CBT Nuggets (garbage IMHO).
    Sybex book(ISBN 1118556879) good!,
    Microsoft Tech Net, good!
    working with braindumps(jury still out)
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats way to go!! :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats!
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.