Options

Will studying for CISSP exam help me immensely for Sec+ or CSSP exams?

lukingluking Banned Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
Although I am hell bent on clearing CISSP in 2016 but I have to admit that the course material is immense. This coupled with huge amount of difficult questions sometimes make me wonder what will happen if I cant make it during first of second attempt.
I have Cisco certs but want Sec+ or CSSP as these are wider and vendor neutral.
It seems to me that CISSP course material covers almost all that is required for Sec+ exam.
Can someone who is familiar with both confirm if I am correct?

Comments

• Options
    ErtazErtaz Member Posts: 934 ■■■■■□□□□□
    removed unnecessary quote from reply

I passed SEC+ back in September. I passed the CISSP last month. The exams overlap on the basics. SEC+ was a deeper dive into crypto. CISSP was a lot of cloud and identity management.
  • Options
    tedjamestedjames Member Posts: 1,179 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Studying above what was required helped me to pass Security+ and SSCP on the first try. I studied the related sections from CISSP, Cloud+, and CASP certification training and took classes on cryptography, cloud, and other topics. I learned the material in more depth, and that gave me an edge when taking these two exams. I also used multiple sources for each domain. Every instructor has a different point of view.
  • Options
    lukingluking Banned Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Ertaz and Tedjames - Thanks for replying. Atleast something will come out of all this sweating for CISSP study
  • Options
    beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    If your capable and planning to pass the CISSP... why bother with Security+ at all? I have both but passed the Sec+ about 5 years before the CISSP. Granted I am grandfathered because of the timeframe but today I see no benefit in obtaining an entry level cert after the mid-career cert.

Perplexing.

- b/eads
  • Options
    ZzBloopzZZzBloopzZ Member Posts: 192
    removed unnecessary quote from reply

I agree with this 100%! Don't waste time with Sec+ if you already have CISSP.