Passed the 901!

Gomack55Gomack55 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Just got back from passing the 220-901 exam! I made a 792. [DO NOT DISCUSS YOUR EXAM]

My study materials were the Exam Cram 801 and 802 book and the practice test question that came with the book. I used it to prepare me for a online class I took that covered the 901 and 901. It came with and text book and access to the Transcender practice test questions and two exam vouchers. The class lasted for about a week and then I studied more on my on for about 2 more weeks by printing out the 901 exam objectives and marking in my text book that was significant to the objective.

Now to start studying for the 902. Half way there.

Comments

• rj1790rj1790 Member Posts: 110 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Keep pushing!
    WGU: Network Operations and Security - COMPLETED
    Current Certifications: A+, N+, S+, CCNA R+S, and CCNA Security, CCDA
  • Kopite_21Kopite_21 Member Posts: 194 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass
  • NOC-NinjaNOC-Ninja Member Posts: 1,403
  • StarKillerStarKiller Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • G.O.A.TG.O.A.T Member Posts: 138
    I'm wondering is there much overlap between the 901/902? I downloaded some sample 801 questions from the Comptia site and there was one question on there that would have been better suited toward the 802 as it was in regards to operating systems, so I am wondering whether the 901/02 has this overlap?
  • TommyServoTommyServo Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello folks!

I'm new to the forum - I was hoping someone could answer a quick question, which seems relevant to this particular thread.

Last year, I took an A+ course in preparation for the 801-802 exams, but I never got around to scheduling the test. The course was a good one, and I did well, plus I'm comfortable using, troubleshooting and assembling computers, though I have no certifications. Would I be alright studying my notes and the 801-802 material for the 901-902, or would it be better if I took the course over?

Thank you!
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Gomack55Gomack55 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Ok so going to be taking the 902 this Friday. I have been going over and over the objectives since last Monday studying them along with studying practice questions. Is there anything I should really focus in the days leading up to the exam?
  • AndersonSmithAndersonSmith Member Posts: 471 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! Good luck on the 902!
    All the best,
    Anderson

"Everything that has a beginning has an end"
    I passed the 902 this morning with a 771! Officially A+ certified!

Only had 2 simulation questions.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! icon_cheers.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • gncsmithgncsmith Member Posts: 459 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • gbin413gbin413 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • virtualizationGvirtualizationG Member Posts: 19 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats and best of luck on the 902!
  • xagreusxagreus Member Posts: 112 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Hi, Mr. Servo-

It sounds like you have some good experience and knowledge. I would recommend taking some practice exams for the 901-902, and if those go well, study some more and go for it. But if you feel a bit out of your league, I would suggest going for the 801-802 - you have until June 30, 2016 to pass both, which I'd say is doable if you study a decent amount 5-6 days/week.

Hope that helps!
    A+, Net+, Sec+, CySA+, CCNA, ITIL 2011 Foundation, AWS CCP, ISC2 CC, MS SC-900, MS AZ-900
    2024 goals: AZ-900, Cloud+, Palo Alto PCNSA, CyberOps Associate, DevNet Associate, Project+
    I've had a interview yesterday for a entry level help desk position which I didn't get because I had no experience. From looking at all of the help desk positions I have applied for they all want someone who has at least 2 years of experience. How does one get experience if no one is willing to hire you? To me the A+ certification gets you into the interview but experience actually gets you the job. With that said I have a interview with Best Buy Geek Squad. It's only part time but if that is what it takes to gain experience then I am all for it. Also is would any of the MCDST certifications help landing a entry level job? Is there any help desk training that one can take?