Options

New Company But Interested in An Opening

shawn488shawn488 Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
I just started a new job as a net engineer. I have been searching the company intranet and see a management position I am more than qualified for. Would it be wise to apply? I don't want to give off the impression that I'm looking else where after only a month of being there but at the same time I am qualified for the position. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Most companies have policies that you need to be in your position for a year before you can apply for other positions within the company. Chances are your new company is no different. One of the reasons I have the position I have now is another qualified person in the IT department wanted the job, but he wasn't allowed to apply because he wasn't in his position for a year. He was a contractor for the company for several years, but just recently got acquired as a employee when the new position opened up.
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Many larger/mature companies will definitely have some time-in-grade equivalent that will constrain you for some time to whatever role you signed up for. Even in the absence of this limitation, I would be a little reluctant to make a move so quick.