How do you guys fit "interviews" in w/ school and work?

yellowpadyellowpad Member Posts: 192 ■■■□□□□□□□
Just like that subject line.............I can't find a day for an interview. Just feeling bad if I call in sick....and will feel guilty if I do.
Completed MSCIA f/ WGU~ CISSP 5-days boot camp scheduled :)

Comments

• iBrokeITiBrokeIT Member Posts: 1,318 ■■■■■■■■■□
    If it's a priority and opportunity you want then you will make time...
    2019: GPEN | GCFE | GXPN | GICSP | CySA+ 
    2020: GCIP | GCIA 
    2021: GRID | GDSA | Pentest+ 
    2022: GMON | GDAT
    2023: GREM  | GSE | GCFA

WGU BS IT-NA | SANS Grad Cert: PT&EH | SANS Grad Cert: ICS Security | SANS Grad Cert: Cyber Defense Ops SANS Grad Cert: Incident Response
  • DojiscalperDojiscalper Member Posts: 266 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Same issue, I feel bad for saying "doctor appointment" or taking a half day off, but I don't think there's another way.
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Feel guilty? This is your future you are talking about. I wouldn't think about it twice. You gotta do what you gotta do.
  • BradleyHUBradleyHU Member Posts: 918 ■■■■□□□□□□
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    Feel guilty? This is your future you are talking about. I wouldn't think about it twice. You gotta do what you gotta do.

basically!!!!

some of ya'll are way too attached to your current employers...you got to look out for you!
    Link Me
    Graduate of the REAL HU & #1 HBCU...HAMPTON UNIVERSITY!!! #shoutout to c/o 2004
    WIP: 70-410(TBD) | ITIL v3 Foundation(TBD)
  • kohr-ahkohr-ah Member Posts: 1,277
    Sick day.
    Personal day.
    Long lunch.

If I am looking I have already chose to leave this employer.

I've even had some companies be willing to give me a late interview so I could just leave work a little early for personal matters.
  • scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    Lunch..come in late. If you really want to change jobs, you make time. Nothing to feel guilty about.
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • thomas_thomas_ Member Posts: 1,012 ■■■■■■■■□□
    If you don't want to take a sick day, then take unpaid timeoff. If they ask just say "personal matters". I day personal matters for everything because it's not any of my employers business what I'm doing. Plus, they can't ask for a doctor's note if you say personal matters.