70-412 booked in for Friday 29th 12:00.

Wish me luck!!

I'll let you's know how it goes!

Regards,
The Scotch Egg
MTA 98-365 (Server Admin) | 70-410 | 70-411 | 70-412 | MCSA Windows Server 2012

Comments

• v1ralv1ral Member Posts: 116 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good luck bro, im studying for the 411 do you have any tips?
  • joeswfcjoeswfc Member Posts: 118 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hi guys,

70-412 booked in for Friday 29th 12:00.

Wish me luck!!

I'll let you's know how it goes!

Regards,
    The Scotch Egg

Good luck, that exam is a nasty one so relieved to have got it out of the way!
  • PiersPiers Member Posts: 454 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Best of luck!
    :study: Office 365 70-347 / 698 later
  • MHTECHMHTECH Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • AndersonSmithAndersonSmith Member Posts: 471 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck!
    All the best,
    Anderson

"Everything that has a beginning has an end"
  • The Scotch EggThe Scotch Egg Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    v1ral wrote: »
    Good luck bro, im studying for the 411 do you have any tips?

Hi mate,

Not really.. I guess people have different ways of studying and taking information in. For the 70-411 my process was as follows;

1. Print the exam objectives from the Microsoft website.
    2. Read them and try and understand them, (sounds strange but it works for me) anything I don't immediately recognise I make a note of like RADIUS and network policy server.
    3. Once my list is done I read them over on technet to get familiar with them.
    4. I then start the videos, and complete the whole series labbing as I go sometimes replaying the videos twice for lab configuration purposes.
    5. Also use technet to test things out in my lab. (lab running in Hyper-V)
    6. LAB LAB LAB until I understand the concepts of all the exam objectives, then lab some more.
    7. book the exam.

Can't remember my lab setup for 70-411 but to give you an idea of the scale my 412 lab looks like:

DC-1
    DC-2
    DC-3-RODC
    DHCP-1
    DHCP-2
    FILESERVER-1
    HV-1
    HV-2
    HV-3
    HV-4
    IPAM-1
    NLB-1
    NLB-2
    RESTOREBOX
    WINDOWS8CLIENT
    CLUSTERNODE-1
    CLUSTERNODE-2
    CLUSTERNODE-3
    CONTOSO-DC-1 (external domain DC)
    ADRMS1

so as you can see, I lab alot... and that's what works for me, just bloody hard work unfortunately. icon_sad.gif doesn't come easy for me.
  • gncsmithgncsmith Member Posts: 459 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • poolmanjimpoolmanjim Member Posts: 285 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hi mate,
    DC-1
    DC-2
    DC-3-RODC
    DHCP-1
    DHCP-2
    FILESERVER-1
    HV-1
    HV-2
    HV-3
    HV-4
    IPAM-1
    NLB-1
    NLB-2
    RESTOREBOX
    WINDOWS8CLIENT
    CLUSTERNODE-1
    CLUSTERNODE-2
    CLUSTERNODE-3
    CONTOSO-DC-1 (external domain DC)
    ADRMS1

Looks almost identical to my 412 lab which incidentally wasn't too far off from my 411 lab. The big differences were RADIUS and VPN servers in my 411 lab instead of some of the advanced AD stuff.
    2019 Goals: Security+
    2020 Goals: 70-744, Azure
    Completed: MCSA 2012 (01/2016), MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure (07/2017), MCSA 2017 (09/2017)
    Future Goals: CISSP, CCENT
  • bohackbohack Member Posts: 114
    Good Luck!

NetworkedMinds - http://www.youtube.com/networkedminds
    MCSA / MCSE Educational Channel
    How did it go??
  • cyclekingcycleking Member Posts: 26 ■■■□□□□□□□
    What would the lab setup above look like for 70-410?
  • jones551jones551 Member Posts: 154 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Best of Luck !
    joeswfc wrote: »
    How did it go??
    Yeah! Well?
    Sorry to leave you guys hanging! Could have swore I updated this! doesn't help I've been on a week long beer drinking celebratory holiday!!!

I passed, found it incredibly difficult! scraped a 770.

Also strange, I remember reading a post from a guy on here doing the 70-412 on an on-line proctored session, in which he was given the advanced solutions of Microsoft sharepoint 2013 exam and had to make a rescheduling.

I sat down and that was the exam title, the woman was less than helpful when I told her it was the incorrect exam, I showed her my e-mail receipt with the correct exam name, she said "it must be a typo" I said well if I get one question in and its all about sharepoint I want my money back. Anyhooooo... it was the correct exam... with the incorrect title.

Strange, I've e-mailed Microsoft to make them aware as on my score report I have the incorrect exam title, yet on the certification planner, I have achieved MCSA in windows server 2012.
    Sorry to leave you guys hanging! Could have swore I updated this! doesn't help I've been on a week long beer drinking celebratory holiday!!!

I passed, found it incredibly difficult! scraped a 770.

Also strange, I remember reading a post from a guy on here doing the 70-412 on an on-line proctored session, in which he was given the advanced solutions of Microsoft sharepoint 2013 exam and had to make a rescheduling.

I sat down and that was the exam title, the woman was less than helpful when I told her it was the incorrect exam, I showed her my e-mail receipt with the correct exam name, she said "it must be a typo" I said well if I get one question in and its all about sharepoint I want my money back. Anyhooooo... it was the correct exam... with the incorrect title.

Strange, I've e-mailed Microsoft to make them aware as on my score report I have the incorrect exam title, yet on the certification planner, I have achieved MCSA in windows server 2012.

Great work! I hated that exam and it took me 3 goes!

Any plans for MCSE or anything else?
  • elusivepreyelusiveprey Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yeah, that was me who posted about that. They ended up giving me a new voucher to retake the exam. When I went to take it, it said Sharepoint again. I went ahead and took it and it was the right exam....just a typo in the title.
  • MHTECHMHTECH Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Well done, congrats!
    joeswfc wrote: »
    Great work! I hated that exam and it took me 3 goes!

Any plans for MCSE or anything else?

Not yet! although I do kinda fancy the messaging one. :D
    Not yet! although I do kinda fancy the messaging one. :D

Yeah take a well earned break :D I went on to do the MCSE messaging after MCSA windows server 2012. Personally found the Messaging exams easier than any of the Windows server ones, I guess they just make more sense and seem more relevant than half of the stuff covered in the MCSA.
  • JohnnyUtah41JohnnyUtah41 Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    i passed my MCSA about a year ago. Took time off too..i had started studying for 70-413 but got burned out...and all the videos on plurasight and cbtnuggets just said go back and watch nuggets 410 through 412 lol. Anyway. took care of net+, server+ and security+...right now i need to start on sonicwall certs(through my work) or start back on mcse.. advise anybody?