Eric Conrad 3rd Edition Book

semehsemeh Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,

How do you think about Eric Conrad 3rd Edition Book ? it's sufficent to pass CISSP exam ? (along wih Cybrary Videos)
I'm trying Sybex 7th Book but it's very boring !!

Thanks

Comments

• coffeeisgoodcoffeeisgood Member Posts: 136 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I just finished the Sybex 7th, cover to cover (about a chapter a day)... while dry in some parts, it is the "official" guide.

I just received Eric Conrad 3rd edition book & it is 1/2 the size (about 600 pages) now while I have only chewed threw the 1st two chapters, I can tell you the Sybex 7th appears to have so much more material (It better at 1000 pages!)

That said, I am happy I read thru Sybex 1st & now trying to tackle Eric Conrad's... it is almost like a review but in order of the 8 domains. (Sybex brakes the material up into 21 chapters)

I also use CCCure for test questions as these book questions are just far too easy. If you actually read the chapters, you should be getting 90% average on the BOOK chapter quizzes for sure.

now I haven't actually taken the exam yet but there is my 2 cents
  • RobicusRobicus Member Posts: 144 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Eric Conrad's book was on my my favorite/most useful study resources.
    What's Next? eLearnSecurity's eCIR

MSISE, CISSP, GSE (#202), GSEC, GCIA, GCIH, GPEN, GMON, GCFE, GCCC, GCPM, eJPT, AWS CCP
  • Falcon56Falcon56 Member Posts: 94 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If you are going to use the 3rd edition as your study guide, I'd supplement your weak areas with the Sybex 7th edition to shore up your weak areas.

Also, I just purchased the Boson CISSP ExSim-MAX and have to say that I'm pretty impressed with the package. The questions have very detailed explanations and it uses the Conrad 2nd edition and the latest ISC study guide as its resources. I feel like I have made a lot of progress using this package as opposed to Transcender.
  • MarieWMarieW Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I used both the Conrad book and the Sybex text, supplemented with Cybrary videos and Transcender exams. Both books should be sufficient.
  • webpriestesswebpriestess Member Posts: 82 ■■□□□□□□□□
    We were issued the Conrad 3rd edition book when we got sent to CISSP bootcamp. While it's fabulous and well written, I honestly don't think it's enough on it's own. After taking a bunch of practice tests (CCCure, Transcender, etc), I discovered that there were a lot of holes in the material that was covered in the Conrad book. After I read the book, I dove head first into the practice exams. I made a note of all my weak points and began focusing on that. Best of luck!
  • coffeeisgoodcoffeeisgood Member Posts: 136 ■■■□□□□□□□
    now that I have gone thru 100% of Sybex 7th & the 1st two domains on Eric's...

Eric's 3rd is like the cliff notes presented in a different light
    again, the end of chapter/domain ?s are rather easy...
    I feel much more challenged by CCCure's questions / practice test & really like their test engine (even if the web interface is a bit clunky)