Taking CISSP Next Week (Long)

webpriestesswebpriestess Member Posts: 82 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello Everyone!

I've decided to drop a note and say hi to everyone after lurking for the past 5 weeks or so. A little about me: I've been in the Identity Management field for the past 10 years. Oh, I'm not that young - I've been in IT for 20 years. Part of my current job is that I "mind" a home-grown software application that does object provisioning for Active Directory. The work I do is getting pretty stale, especially after 10 years, and I've been seeking a change. I have no children. I also have a second career working in the fitness industry, so I am already pretty busy.

An opportunity presented itself to me and I took as the break I was looking for in my IT career. My employer offered a handful of people in my organization to take a CISSP course and pay for the exam. I jumped on this opportunity and made "the cut" to participate.

That was 5 weeks ago. I take my exam in one week. After reading everyone's post on this exam, I'm thinking I am out of my mind attempting to take this exam with 6 weeks of preparation.

The course was very helpful. I got one book - the one that was provided for me and I read it cover to cover. I was also provided access to the CCCURE free practice exams. I also purchased the Transcender and the Boson practice platforms. I had no idea that I would produce this many flash cards. I really hope it's enough.

I've lierally become obsessed with CISSP. The more that I study about it and discover all the broad topics that it covers, the more obsessed I become. I literally have been living under a rock for the past five weeks. No going out on the weekends...not even out to eat. I've been sending my partner out on errands and giving him chores to do around the house so I can study. I have not been picking up any extra aerobics classes in my second job, like I normally would. I didn't even know that the artist Prince had recently passed away. I've been reading and studying about 24 hours over the stretch of the weekends. I've been ignoring family and friends. TV? Forget it. Movies? No way. I cannot express enough how completely consumed I am with taking this exam in one week's time.

Naturally, I am getting very anxious. I'm sure people are sick of hearing me speak about it. But maybe you guys get it. This ain't like a Microsoft exam where you can "cram" for it and be done. This stuff you actually have a good understand and get it conceptually and well as technically.

I guess I'm on here to unload a little bit on what I'm going through and share what it's been like. I'm also looking for a little support and reassurance, and of course, a little last minute advice.

I also want to thank you guys so much for all your posts on here. When I read about people who seem to struggle to prepare for the CISSP (or any exam for that matter), and actually pass it...it's really inspirational to me and it give me hope. All your tips really help too.

Thank you for hearing me out. Best of luck to all of us preparing for an exam.
::Claudia

Comments

• mmidha74mmidha74 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    All the best !!
  • NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Good read, best of luck on the exam!
  • IaHawkIaHawk Member Posts: 188 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck!!! I sit 2 weeks from today...some days I feel like I'm ready, others, not so much. I'm just taking CCCure practice exams and touching on the weak areas. I plan on reading the 11th hour next week as well.

Again, good luck and be sure to let us know how the exam goes!
  • havoc64havoc64 Member Posts: 213 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good luck and remember to read the questions...look for adverbs and adjectives...i.e. Best, Worst, First, Physical, Technical, Administrative...

Take your time and make sure to relax the night before.

Best of Luck
  • Terminator XTerminator X Member Posts: 60 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good Luck and yes, I went through the same thing the second time I took it. I was listening to Shon Harris in the car every time I was in it no matter how long the drive. I would take my flash cards everywhere I went, and when I was home I was upstairs in the room, door closed and reading over and taking notes. I can see where it would force you to eat, sleep, and breathe CISSP given the short time from. Take your time and read the question over a couple times. Also, be careful how many questions you mark for review. Some tend to second guess themselves and start changing many of their answers. Trust your gut and only change it if you're sure you chose the wrong answer. If not, let it ride!
    -Tact is for those not witty enough to be sarcastic-
    ~Unknown
  • webpriestesswebpriestess Member Posts: 82 ■■□□□□□□□□
    You guys are absolutely amazing. Thank you so much for your responses. Your support and tips are so appreciated. @IaHawk - best of luck to you!

• webpriestesswebpriestess Member Posts: 82 ■■□□□□□□□□
    You guys are so amazing! Everything that you guys share is inspirational and such great advice. You have given me a lot of hope that I can do this. Thank you so much!

Love,
  • RoxtonRoxton Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good Luck Webpriestess

I wish you all the luck in the world to pass this exam, I will let you know how i fair on this one. in a days time.
  • gtsaplgtsapl Member Posts: 12 ■■□□□□□□□□
    All the best webpriestess!!