I guess its hiring season across the board because just got a new job as well!

I start in a week its with a Top Tier Hospital in NYC. Its a Senior Network Engineer role they offered me a nice $35k raise. Excellent opportunity, benefits, work/life balance, a little over a month of vacation time. They always have the latest cisco technology. If I really like the role I don't see a reason to ever leave.

Comments

• ThomasITguyThomasITguy Banned Posts: 181
  • NotHackingYouNotHackingYou Member Posts: 1,460 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!
    When you go the extra mile, there's no traffic.
  • BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
  • KrekenKreken Member Posts: 284
    Congrats! It's not NYU, is it?
  • nascar_paulnascar_paul Member Posts: 288 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
    2017 Goals: 70-411 [X], 74-409 [X], 70-533 [X], VCP5-DCV [], LX0-103 [], LX0-104 []
    "I PLAN to fail!" - No One Ever
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrasts! It does seem like hiring usually heats up around Q2.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • gncsmithgncsmith Member Posts: 459 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Danielm7Danielm7 Member Posts: 2,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • jlhctjlhct Member Posts: 92 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrasts! It does seem like hiring usually heats up around Q2.

Congrats OP!

Regarding Q2 - I was told exactly the same thing for my last offer. It seems to be true all around!
  • coffeeluvrcoffeeluvr Member Posts: 734 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratulations!!
    "Something feels funny, I must be thinking too hard. - Pooh"
  • danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    It is hiring season, usually around Spring. Congrats!
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
  • Legacy UserLegacy User Unregistered / Not Logged In Posts: 0 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • gollyimgullygollyimgully Member Posts: 5 ■■■□□□□□□□
    dmarcisco wrote: »
    I start in a week its with a Top Tier Hospital in NYC. Its a Senior Network Engineer role they offered me a nice $35k raise. Excellent opportunity, benefits, work/life balance, a little over a month of vacation time. They always have the latest cisco technology. If I really like the role I don't see a reason to ever leave.

Congrats :D

If you dont mind me asking how much network experience do you have? and what kind of technical questions did they ask?
  • Legacy UserLegacy User Unregistered / Not Logged In Posts: 0 ■□□□□□□□□□
    A bit more then 4 years of networking experience. Technical questions on how to troubleshoot different things and what if questions on how to design certain scenarios. It was a somewhat easy but thought provoking interview since its stuff I come across on a daily basis. I think the reason why I got it not because of the my aptitude but that I hit it off with the Operations Manager. He is a really easy going friendly guy and gave me a good feeling about the role. So our personalities meshed perfectly and it was actually a fun interview. Because I've been on plenty of interviews that I did great on the technical interviews but I had vibes that management wasn't into me so its cool.