Passed CISSP 4/28

itcsps4itcsps4 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
I passed the CISSP exam yesterday (first attempt)

The Sybex 7th Edition book is on the money, this was the only material I used to study for the exam.
I read the book once back-to-back the first time then went through the book again taking cliff-notes on each chapter (keeping it to a 1 page per chapter)

Did all the questions in each chapter and all practice exams; I must say they did a great job with this book. The main thing with this test is to read the questions over and over.. the wording is extremely tricky.

I have about 11 years of IT experience, ranging from systems, networking and security.

Comments

• cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Congrats on the pass!
  • mika123mika123 Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    What was your score in the practice exams and Chapter end tests?
  • itcsps4itcsps4 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I was getting in low - mid 80's on all practice exams; the key thing is to know the concepts and focus less on just taking questions.
  • ZzBloopzZZzBloopzZ Member Posts: 192
    Congratz! It's funny, you are not the first person to pass the exam with using just the Sybex as sole source of study. I am going to start reading the book tomorrow and hope to finish it by next Thursday night.

Any other tips on how you studied using Sybex?
  • mkohimkohi Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
    removed unnecessary quote from reply

You are going to finish the Sybex Official Study Guide 7th in just 6 days? Maybe there is a miscommunication but you won't be able to finish it in 6 days. I've been reading it the past 3 months..
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • gncsmithgncsmith Member Posts: 459 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • greeneongreeneon Member Posts: 40 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • havoc64havoc64 Member Posts: 213 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats, and I agree with the OP, of all the books I read, Sybex's was the book that helped me the most.
  • sameojsameoj Member Posts: 366 ■■■□□□□□□□